Jad123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

H1B married to USC

01/29/07 filed I-130,131, 485, 765 to Chicago
02/01/06 receipt notices
02/20/07 biometrics done
03/26/07 Received letter to appear initial interview on May 16 for I-485

(i). What is the initial interview means?
(ii). There is no update on USCIS web site for any of my petitions.

Please advise

The interview for residency. My letter said initial interview as well. I do not think anyone has an online update for such letters.

You will be getting lots of notic right after the interview, decision for I130, i485 will be floating to ya, just be patience, you are on your way there.

One more thing, make sure you bring enough evidence to prove your marriage is real. joint bank account, joint tax return etc.... anything with both of your names would be help, and family photos would be great.

Hi All,

My case is approved.

H1B married to USC

02/01/06 receipt notices
02/20/07 biometrics done
05/16/07 Interview sucessfully done.(Name check held for approval)
05/18/07 - I130 approved
05/25/2005 - I -485 Approved (received welcome notice)

It took 115 days for I130/I485/I131/I765 to get approved.

Hi All,

My case is approved.

H1B married to USC

02/01/06 receipt notices
02/20/07 biometrics done
05/16/07 Interview sucessfully done.(Name check held for approval)
05/18/07 - I130 approved
05/25/2005 - I -485 Approved (received welcome notice)

It took 115 days for I130/I485/I131/I765 to get approved.

first of all congratulationson u're approval.
My question is.., "how many days did u wait after marriage before filling? and was there any intimidating questions?"

What category to select in Form I-765 under I130 Petition?

All,
I am new to the forum. I am currently planning to file for my GC thru my husband who is a US citizen. Can anyone kindly advise me on what category to select in question 16 of form I-765 which is the form for EAD?

I think it should be C-9 under family based adjustment but I am not sure.
Your experienced answers are really appreciated since you all have gone thru this before.

Best ,
Soujanya.

I-485 Intial Interview almost 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,

H1B married to USC

02/12/06 filed I-130,131, 485, 765 to Chicago
02/17/06 receipt notices
03/15/06 biometrics done
04/24/06 Received letter to appear initial interview
05/29/2006 Initial interview for I-485
05/03/06 EAD approved
05/19/07 Second EAD approved

(i). We have not heard from USCIS about our I-485 case?

The initial interview did not go so well. My husband and I did not think we'll have any problems, knowing we are completely legitimate. The interviewer didn't care to see any pictures of us, asked for me to leave the room and questioned my husband alone. We have so many documents to prove we are for real, I have done everyhting legally throughout my stay in the US for 8 years now. "Technically, you don't live with her", the interviewer said to him. Prior to our marriage, he lived with his parents 5 minutes away from our new home. He still had his old address on his drivers license...didn't think about it at all. His old mail would still go to his parents house and we would just pick it up when we see them every day, no big deal, or so we thought... We didn't hire a lawyer to help us prepare for all this because everything we have is completely normal and supposed to be easy to file. We have a joint credit account to show, now we have bank accounts together, filed a joint tax return, the condo is on both of our names, bills, medical/life insurance, etc. but it was not enough aparently. We still don't know what is going on and we do not know who to call to ask for the status of our applications. My second EAD was approved this year, without a problem, which is a good sign, I hope, but what is taking so long with the rest of the applications? Can you give us any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone,

H1B married to USC

02/12/06 filed I-130,131, 485, 765 to Chicago
02/17/06 receipt notices
03/15/06 biometrics done
04/24/06 Received letter to appear initial interview
05/29/2006 Initial interview for I-485
05/03/06 EAD approved
05/19/07 Second EAD approved

(i). We have not heard from USCIS about our I-485 case?

The initial interview did not go so well. My husband and I did not think we'll have any problems, knowing we are completely legitimate. The interviewer didn't care to see any pictures of us, asked for me to leave the room and questioned my husband alone. We have so many documents to prove we are for real, I have done everyhting legally throughout my stay in the US for 8 years now. "Technically, you don't live with her", the interviewer said to him. Prior to our marriage, he lived with his parents 5 minutes away from our new home. He still had his old address on his drivers license...didn't think about it at all. His old mail would still go to his parents house and we would just pick it up when we see them every day, no big deal, or so we thought... We didn't hire a lawyer to help us prepare for all this because everything we have is completely normal and supposed to be easy to file. We have a joint credit account to show, now we have bank accounts together, filed a joint tax return, the condo is on both of our names, bills, medical/life insurance, etc. but it was not enough aparently. We still don't know what is going on and we do not know who to call to ask for the status of our applications. My second EAD was approved this year, without a problem, which is a good sign, I hope, but what is taking so long with the rest of the applications? Can you give us any advice?

I would hire a lawyer to bring with you on your second interview, it will be worth the $300plus. I was an overstay for 7yrs, and with the lawyer there, USCIS knew by law they had to give me my GC, married to US citizen. With the lawyer there the IO knows he can't screw you around. I would hire a lawyer just to bring there with you cause it's worth what it cost now to avoid problems later! Good Luck...

trialanderror83, Thank you for your advice. I will definately look into hiring a layer for the second interview if there is one in their plan. Did you say you had to wait for 7 yrs for the second interview?

All,
I am new to the forum. I am currently planning to file for my GC thru my husband who is a US citizen. Can anyone kindly advise me on what category to select in question 16 of form I-765 which is the form for EAD?

I think it should be C-9 under family based adjustment but I am not sure.
Your experienced answers are really appreciated since you all have gone thru this before.

Best ,
Soujanya.
C-9 is what I filled out