I-20 termination / unauthorized employment

happyhouse

I'm an international student. I was caught working at a restaurant three months ago. Now the international relation coordinator has informed me that my I-20 has been terminated due to unauthorized employment. In the email, she asked me to give my choice, either appeal this termination or withdraw my classes and return to my home country. Someone told me that I must depart from USA immediately once my I-20 is terminated. But I havent come to see the coordinator yet, I'm still going to my class normally, noone come to force me get out of USA until now. And she doesn't call me again to come to her office. Is that because the coordinator just threatens me? A lot of foreign students at my school are working off campus, noone has been deported for years. Please give me some advice. Thank you!

does anybody have an idea how long approval of EAD takes at Nebraska service center? I am (or was) F-1, got my notice on June 29 2009, check was cashed July 1st, "case is received and pending".
I had an offer enclosed with the application and still waiting. Immigration counselor at my Uni didn't submit it as expedited, saying there is no starting date on the offer. The company which wants to employ me is saying: it's against their policy to include the date.... like a vicious circle!