I-140 RFE Reply

detroit_raman76

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My lawyer replied on July 19th, 2007 for my I-140 RFE (Texas Service Center). Mine is in premium process. I don't see a change in the status (Response received , LUD change etc..).

If anyone replied I-140 RFE (PP) during this time? What is your status?

Why am I not seeing the status change ' We received your response etc..'.

Do you think I will see the status change as 'approved/decision made' without even first seeing the status as ' We received your response etc..'..
(Within 15 days)

Does this happen to anyone else?

I am in the same situation. I-140-Premium Processing (Texas Service Center). Got RFE. Response was sent to RFE within days. My take is that the 15 day response from Service Center to RFE may not happen even with if the initial I-140 was filed with PP.
See below my updated posting:
"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.
On July 20, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

Your status says 'Response to request for evidence received', it is good. Mine is not saying anything for a long time. In your case 15 calendar days still not complete, you will get reply any time soon.

ajaga13,

Do you remember what date you replied your RFE? How may days it took for status change as 'Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed', after replying your RFE.

In Your case, 15 calendar days still not complete after resuming the process by USCIS, so I guess, you will get reply any time soon.

detroit_raman76,

The reply to RFE was sent out on July 18 via FedEX, and the status change on USCIS site showed on July 20th late in the day, around end of work day I suppose. Took only 2 days.
The company immigration lawyer told me that according to her experience USCIS should make a decision in 15 days on the RFE because of PP, as you've also suggested. However, that 60 days response time in the posting concerns me a bit.

ajaga13,

Your laywer is correct. 60 days response time is for regular processing. Premium processing should take only 15 calendar days.

My lawyer replied on July 19th, still I am not seeing status change like yours.
I hope next week something will happen.

detroit raman76,

My I-140 got approved yesterday and the approval posting showed up on USCIS site today. You were right with the 15 day. I am off to filing I-485, hoping to beat the August 17 deadline.

I hope your case is also proceeding favourably.

ajaga13,

Congrats. Is it EB2 or EB3.
My status is still not changing. My employer tried to contact USCIS yesterday. They couldn't. They are going to try today also.

HI All / Detroit_Raman,

I got I-140 rfe (Second Time) on 22 Jun 2007. my lawyer replied on 02-AUG-07, USICS received on 03-AUG-07. But there is no LUD on my I-140 saying that they have recd Rfe document.

Any update on ur case? we are in same situation. except Mine is regular processing.

Sanju,

USCIS misplaced or didn't receive docs that we sent thru FedEx. My employer contacted USCIS and resent everything via fax on 08/08/2007. I got it approved on 08/09/2007.

Ask your employer/lawyer contact the USCIS and enquire why the status is not changing.

Hi

I’ve applied I-485 with the current visa dates, but my I-140 (filed under EB2) had a RFE (requesting for evidence to prove experience for EB2). In such a situation please advice what’s my best option would be under the following circumstances:

1. Can I answer the RFE? What if my I-140 gets denied….will I still be eligible to apply for I-140 in the EB3 category since my I-485 has already been applied under the current visa dates? Do you think I’ll still be good to apply for fresh I-140 after august 17th, 07?

(OR)

2. Can I cancel the RFE (I-140, EB2 Category) and apply fresh I-140 in the EB3 category concurrently with I-485 before the cut off date (august 17th, 2007).

Please suggest…anticipating your advice.

Thank you

HI detroit_raman76,

did you or ur lawyer received confirmation during first time (July 19th, 2007 ) that USCIS had received I-140 Rfe document. because my lawyer got confirmation that they received rfe document.

Sanju,

No status change until my employer resent all the documents on 08/08/2007. Status changed on 08/09/2007 (Response received etc..) and the same day they approved my case also.

Hi Detroit,

I mean when ur lawyer send Rfe document on JUly 19 through Fedex, Did your lawyer received any confirmation through fedex that they have recd document?

Sanju,

When my employer enquired USCIS about the status, USCIS asked my employer to fax the fedex tracking number. My lawyer did not have the tracking number (He is not keeping track of it). So that is why, we resent all the documents via fax.

If you call the USCIS, they will ask for fedEx tracking number. Whatever it is, call the USCIS, and follow their instructions. Because your situation could be different.