I-140 Need help Urgently !!! Please advice

raj_malhotra25

Registered Users (C)
My EB3 case was filed in August 2001. I just got an RFE on my I-140 thru Nebraska processing center. I am already in my 9th year extension which is valid until Dec 2007.

What options do I have once I respond back to the RFE ?

Can I hang in until my visa is valid thats Dec 2007 even if I-140 gets rejected ?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

You can hang on until H1 expires

My EB3 case was filed in August 2001. I just got an RFE on my I-140 thru Nebraska processing center. I am already in my 9th year extension which is valid until Dec 2007.

What options do I have once I respond back to the RFE ?

Can I hang in until my visa is valid thats Dec 2007 even if I-140 gets rejected ?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

No matter what's the outcome of the I-140(even the worst case scenario --denial of 140 or 485), you can still hang on until your H1 expires (Dec 2007). This is the reason it is better to maintain H1 status, even after one has got EAD. Good luck with your RFE. By the way, when did u apply for I-140?.

BTW how long did it take for you to receive the RFE. I had filed my case in sept 2006 under EB2. Bumped it to priority on Apr 11. The case status on USCIS websight says that they have sent out an RFE on Apr 16. Still haven't received it. Thats totally frustating :mad: ... whats the point of premium processing if the RFE takes upto a month to be mailed out ?!!!