I-140 Issue/ B.Com +8yrs exp

jankap

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
My I-140 was denied due to my Bachelors degree(15yrs) compare to BS in united states is 16yrs.

Any suggestion?
your help in this regards is really apprciated.

HK

Details

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your case.
Can you post some more details about your case?
Who did your educational evaluation?

Rakesh

I-140 Denied due to incompelete Tax Return Info!!!

Hi All,
Thanks for a wonderful FAQ site!! In fact I got reference of this portal from yet another Immi. FAQ site!! Here is my situation which could be useful to others if they are approaching to such phase. My I-140 got denied after about 4 months of EB3 processing at VT center due to our inability to provide tax return records that they had asked after reviewing our petition. We failed to provide info on time (within deadline) due to IRS\'s delay in \'certifying\' all those documents. After 9/11, INS has restructured itself and it seems once a petition is denied you then have to go thru BIA(appeal bureau), get your petition reopened or reconsidered. We have just done this for now and are waiting for BIA\'s response. My attorney is not quite confident in positive response because BIA is too strict on missing deadlines!! Does anyone have any idea about such situation? I will highly appreciate any thoughts. It seems some Senators provide help on such issues, so is it ok to approach congressman for such an issue since the actual case is very straightforeward? Thanks in advance and please be aware of such situations, in short, keep as much info with you as you can about you, your company , your work and what not. You never know what INS would ask!!
CB.

No Title

Hi ,
It was done by Global education group, Florida,
But the point is that INS didn\'t even see the eval part and My lawyer says that eval is good only for H1 and not during I-140.
What r the other options i got?
For now my lawyer replied back asking me to grant approval for I-140 on the basis of Skilled worker. As per lawyer my denial was due to Professional category where persons qualification should matcht the duties. like doctor or lawyer but while my work doesn\'t need that.
Anyhelp on this is really appreciated.
HK

Which INS Center ?

Mine is also similar case but I have PGDCA so it\'ll be 16 years. I replied to Query and waiting for response since 2 months. You got any query or denied without any query ?

JANKAP - Answers that you will not like, sorry

If the LC required a bachelors degree or equivalent, you are not qualified for the position (if you are currently working in the position the requirements were obviously misstated in the LC but that changes nothing). For I-140s INS only accepts experience in lieu of education if that is stated on the LC (or equivalent is not good enough, it would need to state, for instance, "Bachelors degree, employer will accept 3 years of education and three years of experience in lieu of the required bachelors degree").

It sounds as if you will need to start over.

Sorry.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

Bcom + 7 yrs

Hi !

My Case is in vermont and it was denied saying on the education basis(15 yrs Vs 16 Yrs.)
Hey Jim,
As you said I have to start over. My company has already aplied the new labour with evaluation document stating that I have BS equivlent.
Woudl that be good enogh?
Hemal