I-140 cases at AAO

vicky_usa:
just my 2 cents ...
i was in similiar situation few months back .my 140 was denied (but denial was not showing in the online status and we had only recvd the letter from USCIS.) and my lawyers field a appeal(290B) and luckily my appeal was approved(at the VSC center) within 60 days .If you feel that you have a strong case to and submit all the relevant documents for the appeal im sure you case will be approved at the centre rather than forwarding it to AAO. Usually the centre will make a decission withing 60 days if it needs to forward the case to AAO office .
im sure vicky_usa your case will be approved .my wishes are with you ..

Thanks guys for the immediate feedback and support.

unitednations

i am thinking my attorney is going to do this.....

1. Send all bank statements from 2002 onwards showing taht we always had a +ve cash balance.

2. We are going to say that operating statements are different that what is shown in the tax returns.

3. we are also going to say that we have 75,000 credit line which we have never used ever.

4. According to INS regulations, net profit being greater than someone's pay is only one of the criteria, there are others such as operating profit, credit lines, W-2 record that is acceptable proof of having the ability to pay.

5. my company is an corporation but again it is single owner. i guess i will ask my attorney to request my employer to show his personal property as one of the back up.

what is your view on the same. please your comments will be highly appreciated. can i send you a private message and we can talk sometime.

thanks

vicky

gczigma said:
vicky_usa:
just my 2 cents ...
i was in similiar situation few months back .my 140 was denied (but denial was not showing in the online status and we had only recvd the letter from USCIS.) and my lawyers field a appeal(290B) and luckily my appeal was approved(at the VSC center) within 60 days .If you feel that you have a strong case to and submit all the relevant documents for the appeal im sure you case will be approved at the centre rather than forwarding it to AAO. Usually the centre will make a decission withing 60 days if it needs to forward the case to AAO office .
im sure vicky_usa your case will be approved .my wishes are with you ..

Hey gczigma, thank you for your support. can you tell me little bit more details on how you filed the appeal. what grounds did you show. your inputs will be highly appreciated.

thanks

vicky

just to add.....

i was doing research but was not able to find much of information. so wondering how good is the argument that we ahve 75K of credit line.

united nations i emailed you with my contacts. please call me or msg me when u get time.

gurus please advice what more can be done so that my case is reconsidered at VSC itself and the officer approves it.

traumatic I-140 denial

mine was denied on 01.21st, 2005 while my other co-worker who filed with me got hers approved.work at the same company and both applied under the same conditions. supplying ins with the same federal returns and i was being paid the proferred wages except work 32 hours a week based on company's policy of that being considered full-time.ins cited that my company made a loss in 2003 though we made a huge net profit in 2001. that abuser of discretion alleged that i wasn't being paid the proferred wages although i am and that based on the 2003 net loss (sars outbreak), my application has to be denied. we also submiited the 2004 auditied financial statments of which the money profitting. what are my chances of appeal there's nothing wrong with my company. for the appeal we submitted the employee's manual with the working hours also my w-2s again and all the company's cash in bank evidence for this year amounting to 76,000

Client address as employment address, any issue?

Hello Gurus,

I have a small question. Here is my situation:

I am a software consultant working in software consulting firm. My company is located in CA and my client is located in CT(long term project). While filing labor, my attorney provided my client address (CT) as my work address. Can there be any issue on I-140 approval due to fact that my company does not have any branch in CT? If yes, any suggestion to fix it?

One more thing, I am paying CT state tax.

Thanks,