1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

I 140 Approval with "Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing"

Discussion in 'General I-140 and Related Issues' started by affinity, May 19, 2009.

1. affinity

affinity Registered Users (C)

Hi Folks,

I got the below message from USCIS about my I140 (I have chosen consular process during my I 140 filing and my priority date is Nov 2003). Can someone help me to understand the below message and advice what I should do next? I have H1B, Canadian passport holder, Currently live in Canada. Thanks much.

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On May 19, 2009, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
  2. kartakash

kartakash Registered Users (C)

Good luck pal..you are one among the luckiest chaps to get a visa number allocated. Gohead and collect ur GC since they found ur case to a available visa number. You should be getting your card soon.
  3. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

You will be contacted soon by the US consulate in Montreal.

4. myitneeds

myitneeds Registered Users (C)

you card will be ready at consular office where ever you asked to process... congratulations !!