Registered Users (C)
I applied for my wife last year

Time line:
I-130 filed: May,2004
Receipt notice: june, 2004
Approval notice: 07/2004
NVC Letter with case number: AUG 2004

Still pending with NVC becasue I was LPR
Now I will be citizen next month can anyone advice me how to upgrade my wife's case, anyone with same situation please advice and to apply K3 at same time is better or just wait for I-130.
I will appreciate any replies

Once you become a citizen, send a copy of your certificate of naturalization with a cover letter explaining the situation to NVC. Give them a call as well. Then the visa number will become immediately available. You can simultaneously file for I-485 with USCIS.

Thanks for replies but.....

I understand that I 485 is for adjustment of status and my wife is in Pakistan now so what should i do in that case. Any suggestions will be helpful.

If she enters on the cr1 (I-130 route), the 485 wont be nessessary. Since you have such a head start on the cr1 , I wouldn't think about the k-3 unless you run into a delay. Once you notify the nvc of your status change, your cr1 will get on the right track and you won't have to file anything except the forms and bills they send you.
-and congrats on the natralization

Thanks scootersmom!

does anyone know you can apply directly for k3 visa in islamabad consulate instead of sending I-129F to NBC and recent timeline of CR1 visa time line for islamabad consulate. I understand these days K3 is taking more time than I-130 so most people I talked to said that k3 is not that much of help. So scootersmom I think I will go for CR1 and try my luck lets see what happens :)

the K3 has to be sent to Chicago - and not only does it take longer these days, the slowest part of the cr1 process is behind you.
as far as a cr1 timeline goes, every case is different and I am guessing that they have not sent you any forms yet.
if you are quick to return everything they send you, and everything is filled out correctly with the right fees to the right places, it is reasonable to expect your file be finished with the NVC and on its way to your embassy within 4-5 months of recieving the DS3032 (the first form they send out)
good luck