I-130 sent out today

Hi Friend

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I get married in india & get back to USA today.
I sent out my wife's I-130 today thru express mail. I am Citizen.
In how many days, I gonna get acknoledgement generally? definitely 2 weeks
or early? is there any toll free number to get the status of this K3 visa process like for citizenship process? thanx..

Hi.
The first notice of receipt that you receive will be the NOA1 (Notice of Action 1) which indicates that your petition is officially in the system. Some people receive their NOA1 within 2 weeks...some within 1 month.....some never actually receive it at all (that doesnt mean that one was never issued for them, it just means that something happened along the process which resulted in the NOA1 not being sent/correctly delivered).

When my K1 petition was sent, I actually knew they had me in the system before I physically had the NOA1 as they had cashed my cheque.....on the back of the cheque their will be a number stamped onto the back beginning with either WAC or EAC....this is your case number. You can then use this case number to track your status for free online. All you do is go to the USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and enter your case number in the 'check case status' box on the left.

Thanx for good info..BTW, I need simple clarification on following please..

"Payment as required by USCIS (I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased). Use a check so you can track the payment."

Is that means, If I paid fee for I-130, no need to pay any for I-129ZF?
Thanx..

Thanx again..
I saw today my wife's I-130 has been received by Chocago locl box thru USPS tracking. In how many days generally, check gonna cashed?
thanx..

Usually within 10 days. It may take longer though, so dont panic if it exceeds this as it has taken much longer for many people. Once it is cashed, check the back of it for your case number, then youll be able to track your case online.

Friends,

LIke I said in my previous posting, sent out wife's I-130 on 29 th Dec & it received by Chicago Lockbox on 31st. Still waiting..check not cashed yet..
just keep waiting or any way to track it?

I know it may took upto 2 weeks in some cases to check cashed..thanx..

Just keep waiting as its still within a reasonable time.
If after 3/4 weeks you havent heard anything, then you could give USCIS a call.

Friends,

I noticed just now as my wife's check has been cashed for I-130 petition.
There is 10 digits on the back of the check, is that the case number?
USCIS website asking for 13 digits as case or receipt number..

Thanx..

Yes..thanx..
I did not see those letters on my check but today I received NOA, so I know
receipt number now.BTW, even If I put correct number, getting error in USCIS
site. I don't know why..
And, the receipt notice not asking to send right away 129-F. I need to wait for any other letter ? I can send out 1-129F, I believe. Please clarify.

"U.S. Petitioner sends compiled I-129F (along with copy of the I-130 NOA and transfer notice from the Chiago Lockbox) to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending"

what is that transfer notice? I received only NOA, both r same? thanx..

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

I am ready to send out my wife's 120-F.
I received NOA for I-130 last week.
Still I beleive there is no fee for I-129F, because fee increased for I-130.
IF some one know differently on this, please let me know. Thanx..

According to the instructions on visajourney.com, it states I-129F petitions for K-3 status filed on/after July 30th 2007 have no fee since the I-130 cost was increased so I believe that you are still right :)

Thanx again..

My wife's 129 F is @ VSC, it reached there last week.
we slowly started working on next steps.
Generally, how much time it took between 1st NOA & 2nd one for 1-129 F?
Thanx..

Congrats on the first step.
Using the immigration timelines http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl= it seems like on average, the time between the 2 NOAs is 121 days. From reading other forums though Ive seen people being approved much quicker than that. The general rule of thumb though is to expect 6 months....any sooner than that is a huge bonus....any longer than that and get your congressman involved.

Friends,

Today I received my wife's I-129F first notice of action.
I just sent it on Saturday,29th of JAN, receipt noticed arrived on FEB 5th.

I got question my self..we sent I-130 to Chicago lock box & I-129f to service center. For k3 visa, how these 2 gonna join?
And, I am seeing April28 as processing date for Vermont. Generally when we get update on site for every month?

dates jump everymonth little bit faster?

thanx..

Well on your NOA1 for your I-130 it should state that the address where you I-130 is currently pending is VSC (as you send the I-129F to the centre that is listed on the I-130 as that means that this is now the location where the I-130 is now....the I-130 doesnt stay at Chicago). So now both your I-129F and I-130 will be at VSC.

As for the processing dates....I would take these with a pinch of salt. Some people who file after the processing date get approved, some people who filed before the date are still waiting. I'd just sit back and check your status online on the USCIS website.

One thing you can do is create a profile on visajourney.com. When you have a profile you can create your own timeline, and then using the data that they have from other members who have filed their K3 at the same service centre, it estimates how long it will take until you get an approval.

thanx again..

what is current approximate processing dates for I-130, 1-129F?
How we know that?
website showing dates for Nov30,2008.

Thanx..

Can I anyone explain difference between IR1 and K3? I am LPR and filed I-130 for my wife couple of years ago. I will be applying citizenship soon and I am not sure what I should be doing with pending I-130. Do I need to have her come with K3 or IR1, whichever with she can get her fast? Please help!
thanks

pt

Why K visa?

Is K visa faster than IR visa?

Friends,

I get married in india & get back to USA today.
I sent out my wife's I-130 today thru express mail. I am Citizen.
In how many days, I gonna get acknoledgement generally? definitely 2 weeks
or early? is there any toll free number to get the status of this K3 visa process like for citizenship process? thanx..