I-130 for Pakistani Spouse

Rafi Khawaja

I am a US citizen. Filed I-130 on 5/25/00 and got a reciept notice for priority date of 6/5/00 with the reciept number of type WAC-00-184-xxxxx. It has been more than 7 months and haven\'t heard anything from INS. Why is it taking so long? Is there any way to expedite the processing? If you are in the same situation, please contact me at rkhawaja@lfsus.jnj.com. May be we can benefit from each other\'s experience.

in response to your situation

I filed the i-130 for my husband also. It took one month for the INS to send a receipt notice and then it took nearly 11 months for the application to become approved. After the I-130 is approved it is sent to the National Visa Processing Center (NVC). The hardest part of this particular process is awaiting the INS to approve the petition (I-130). It takes a very long time. But the NVC is much faster at completing the application and sending it over to consular office of their choice.

I-130 for Pakistani Spouse Islamabad

Does any of you know how long it takes for processing of I-130 in 2006 from Islamabad. My wife is out of status and need to reapply for her GC. I wounder if they can use her old petition along with the new one to speed up her processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
mia lou said:
I filed the i-130 for my husband also. It took one month for the INS to send a receipt notice and then it took nearly 11 months for the application to become approved. After the I-130 is approved it is sent to the National Visa Processing Center (NVC). The hardest part of this particular process is awaiting the INS to approve the petition (I-130). It takes a very long time. But the NVC is much faster at completing the application and sending it over to consular office of their choice.

Hi,
do you know how long does it take to get the visa for the spouse of a US citizen after the I-130 is approved and is there in the consulate. My wife I-130 got approved a year ago and was waiting in US consulate in my country for the visa. At that time, i was on green card, but now, i have become a US citizen.