1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: Tri-Valley University Students. Tell Your Story Anonymously:

A journalist for a major U.S. news outlet is looking to show how certain schools such as Tri-Valley and employers associated with those schools may be exploiting students and the student visa system. If you have experience or documents such as emails or contracts, please email jeff.elder@wsj.com. You may submit comments and documents anonymously by redacting (blacking out) names. Your identity will not be disclosed unless you wish to comment on the record. You can also call the journalist at (704)650-4130.

How to Surrender or cancel Indian Passport

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by jungleebird, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jungleebird

jungleebird Registered Users (C)

I want to surrender or cancel passport without applying for OCI because I want to apply for PIO Card. But embassy website does not have any procedure to send passport for cancellation. I would appreciate if some body can post the process or instructions.

2. royal123

royal123 Registered Users (C)

3. wivnmgm

wivnmgm Registered Users (C)

You should enclose your Indian passport with a cover letter addressed to the Indian consulate along with a self addressed stamped USPS express/priority mail envelope.

The cover letter can include this statement: "In accordance with Indian Citizenship Law, I wish to have my Indian passport officially canceled."

Your Indian passport will then be canceled and returned to you.

4. jungleebird

jungleebird Registered Users (C)

This is the procedure Indian embassy sent to me in an email to cancel the passport

Pl mail us your original Indian passport, copy of US passport, prepaid envelope and a letter. We cancel and mail you back.:cool:

5. dhebi111

dhebi111 Registered Users (C)

When I applied for PIO, I sent US as well as Indian passport.

They canceled the Indian passport in course of the PIO application.

So if you're applying for PIO, just apply and send Indian passport and they will cancel it and send it back alongwith the PIO card.

My Indian passport was sent back to me with edges removed and "Passport canceled .... " appearing on the front and back pages.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  6. nalini1951

nalini1951 New Member

Surrender Certificate query

Hi,

There is very useful info here. I was wondering if anyone can provide insight to the following problem I have. I am in the process of surrendering my indian passports to get a surrender certificate. I am naturalized British citizen.

My son born in 1983, who is a British passport holder (born in the UK) was issued with an indian passport when he was a baby and this was attached to my indian passport. Does my son also require a surrender certificate even though he is a British citizen (not thru naturalization but by birth)?

Thanks.
    Nalini

7. sanjal

sanjal New Member

answer is - sanjal.co.uk/blog/2009/10/01/surrendering-indian-passport/

8. GODMOTHER

GODMOTHER New Member

surrender certificate

I am a lawyer and i have a team of staff wherby we successfully progress Indian passports and successfully obtain surrender certificates . Should you need this service then please e-mail me at yldesouza@gmail.com. thanks

9. GODMOTHER

GODMOTHER New Member

I am a lawyer and i have a team of staff wherby we successfully progress Indian passports and successfully obtain surrender certificates . Should you need this service then please e-mail me at yldesouza@gmail.com. thanks

10. GODMOTHER

GODMOTHER New Member

11. olddude

olddude Registered Users (C)

Godmother, if you have team of staff, why are you using gmail address? does your law firm has name and web site? and of course a physical address for people to reach out to you?

12. falcyon

falcyon Registered Users (C)

Hi Guys,
    i became a USC last week and am looking to confirm if the fees is still $ 175 for a renouce/surrender certificate with expired Indian passport stamp.

I also do NOT intend to apply for a US passport anytime soon, so should I just leave the field blank or input the natz certificate number in Line 3 of the following form.

http://www.indianconsulate.com/PDF_...nshipSurrenderCertificateformPDF13May2010.pdf

Thanks
    Atul