How to sign Naturalization Certificate

I was told by my immigration officer at the interview to make sure I sign my natz cert the same way as the photos. Fulkly legible with middle name. Oath is tomorrow - I'll let you know what I'm told

OK. On the back of the piece of paper it showed us exactly how to sign our Cert. It specified to make ALL part of our namse legible. It ssaid do not sign as you would normally sign. Each letter must be legible etc. It showed an example too. The USCIS employee there drwe our attention to this with great detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the right way to sign the naturalization certificate? Can we sign it the same way we sign driver license and checks? Or we must wrights the whole name the way printed on the naturalization certificate? The signature thing is confusing!

During the oath you are allowed to sign the Nat Cert the way you signed the pictures at the interview. Now, different IOs make you sign the pictures in different ways - some insist on full name in cursive - some will allow you to use your regular every day signature on the pictures.

In my case I was allowed to sign the pics using my regular signature (not the full name). Maybe because I have a looong name :D

So this means I can sign the Nat Cert using my regular signature.

AP

New twist in signature

Here is the new twist, my photographs is signed with my signature which I use everywhere and I also wrote my full name below the signature, and I signed my Naturalization Certificate with my signature I use everywhere (not the full name). I guess in my case both are valid because my photograph have both.

At my interview, the officer asked me to put down both, so I guess they are aware of this problem and now they make you sign both, atleast in my case.