How to send laptop computer to India

manishw

Registered Users (C)
I know that this is not related to this forum. But I don't know where else could I post this question.

I want to mail a used laptop computer to my brother-in-law in India using Airborne Express or UPS. What is the procedure.

1. Do I need to fill out some customs forms etc?
2. Is there a duty I need to pay in advance?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

It is very easy to send a laptop computer to India. Put it in an air-sealed container and throw it in the Pacific. Ask your family to wait in the beach of their choice in India (make sure they have enough beers and comfortable lounge chairs 'cause this may take some time).If you are a dolphin or whale whisperer, it becomes an express service. Hope this was helpful.
Now that your problem is solved, do you have any advice for us GC waiters?Thanks for your input.

Please refrain from asking stupid questions. This board is strictly for 485 discussion topics, in case you are mentally challenged please see a mental doctor.:rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1. Book a return ticket to India
2. Carry the Laptop on your hand bag
3. Ask your relatives or friends to come to the Airport
4. Hand Deliver the Laptop to them
5. Catch the Return Flight and come back

This is the best way to transfer your Laptop to your brother-in-law.

Originally posted by ECGC
It is very easy to send a laptop computer to India. Put it in an air-sealed container and throw it in the Pacific. Ask your family to wait in the beach of their choice in India (make sure they have enough beers and comfortable lounge chairs 'cause this may take some time).If you are a dolphin or whale whisperer, it becomes an express service. Hope this was helpful.
Now that your problem is solved, do you have any advice for us GC waiters?Thanks for your input.

LMAO:D :D :D :D

Sorry, can't help you. Our expertise in Vegas is with lap-dancers and table-top dancers, not laptops.

Yes you need to fill a customs form. And yes your binlaw will
have to clear it from customes there. It will be a big hassle. So avoid it.Its easier for someone travelling to carry it with them.

Bottom Line: Don't send it by post.

Good Abbai

Yes, I agree with Abbai

Poor guy is trying to seek advice and here people making fun.

Oh God! Do we still have ethics

Abbai and ibm are better human beings than the rest of us i guess......
But how hard is it for someone to pick up the phone and call the toll free number, mind you the TOLL FREE number for Fedex or Airborne express or UPS or any other agency and ask for the procedure to mail the lap top computer to India?
Isn't it easier than posting a question on a forum entitled "485 issues in the California service center" and expecting a response?He will probably get a more professional and reliable, accurate information from the afore mentioned agencies than us here.
Even if someone wanted to post non-GC related problems here atleast I expect them to be more complicated than "How do i clip my finger nails without injuring my fingers?"

I am really confused here with the question regarding "Ethics", what does that to do in this context. If ABBAI and IBM101 would "Please" read the forum name it says "485 Issues in California Service Center". Now please explain me where do you find a ethical problem. I am sure there are people in this forum who would love to ask all sorts of questions, where do you draw the line? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ethics in terms of making fun.

The query can be answered in a polite or decent way....

Well everyone knows that this is a "485 issues" forum but people tend to make mistakes.

rt????

Hello ABBAI,

If someone DO NOT know how to send a laptop
to India and smart enough to post dummy question
on "485-issues in CA" he/she should go back to India
and start a PAN DABBA. That is what un-educated people
in India does. Right.

I believe he/she is lazy enough to look at yellow pages
and might be having FREE internet to post any emails.

People who do not know how to deal with minimal stuff,
should go back. So that NOT all desis look stupids :( HA :)

Peeps (slang for people), I am planning to go to India in Jan. Do you know where I can get the cheapest fares? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok! manishw thought it was cool to ask his question, since we discuss a variety of things on this forum ( remember JLO, who's got the biggest equipment? etc..) I think manishw got the message. The only thing manishw did not do is flag the thread as SPAM. So let this thread die a natural death.

What is interesting is that the thread saw some new faces( or woke up people who were dormant):D :D we need more active people on this forum. Yeah!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ABBI and IBM101,manishw

May be this will serve as example that, people on this forum are already pissed off with INS. They see that the world is unfair, where illegal immigrants gets pardon and law abiding good people has to suffer indefinitely at the mercy of INS.
We are already pissed off, frustrated but talented and that makes us dangerous.
So please do use brain and take your time to find better forum to get answers for irrelevant questions that shouldn’t be here. And don't defend such stupidity.

And for the ethics…….does anybody think we are in mood to care for that in this mindset?

Karma_yoga

This is for all including me, Why are we trying to teach ethics to some one when we don't know about ethics, manishw did a mistake that he did not put SPAM at thread otherwise why do you think that this question is naive. Is it because he could have found all the information from yellow pages or calling Fedex etc etc.. So why don't we ppl call INS or read FAQ before asking "Where to send EAD application? or AP application or How to get iEAD" Don't you think that all this information is available somewhere on Internet or with INS what you have do, just call 1-800 number. I agree that this 485 forum but as somebody said that we have discussed number of off topic issues here and that's too in great details. So why can't we help manishw. If you know the answer then pl tell him otherwise ignore it. Onemore thing personal experiences are always much better than yellow pages or 1-800 numbers that's why we are here on this forum otherwise we would have been using 1-800 number of INS only.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.. let's put it this way.
people please refrain from posting totally unrelated questions on this forum.
or else we will get to see a whole bunch of posts with/without the prefix "SPAM", which I am sure nobody would appreciate.

as by now you must have seen some examples from our great 1amShantanuB!!!!