1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to invite Parents to visit USA?

Discussion in 'B Visa Issues at the Consulate' started by anonymous12, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. anonymous12

    anonymous12 Registered Users (C)

    Hello all,

    I want to invite my parents to come here and visit me. They have never been to USA before. I am a physcian and living here on H1b. I need to send an invitation letter. Does any one has an sample draft of the letter or what things need to be mentioned in the letter?

    Would it help if I ask my advisor to write the supporting letter as well?

    any suggestions please!
  2. waitin_toolong

    waitin_toolong Registered Users (C)

    do some search on the forum before posting such question, that has been answered a million time.

    Check www.immihelp.com for visitor visa guidelines
  3. GCApplcnt

    GCApplcnt Registered Users (C)

    A good place to start is a consulate where they are planning to apply for their B1s - they normally have a full list of documents required.
    Consular policies do vary, but if their official reason of visit is to see you, they will need a proof of your legal presence in the US (copy H1-B stamp & I-94, bith sides ). If you will be supporting them for the lengh of their trip, you will also need to submit the affidavid of support.
    You can also read more at http://travel.state.gov/visa/tempvisitors_types_visitor3.html

Share This Page