1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

How to invite Parents to visit USA?

Discussion in 'B Visa Issues at the Consulate' started by anonymous12, Oct 1, 2004.

1. anonymous12

anonymous12 Registered Users (C)

Hello all,

I want to invite my parents to come here and visit me. They have never been to USA before. I am a physcian and living here on H1b. I need to send an invitation letter. Does any one has an sample draft of the letter or what things need to be mentioned in the letter?

Would it help if I ask my advisor to write the supporting letter as well?

any suggestions please!
  2. waitin_toolong

waitin_toolong Registered Users (C)

do some search on the forum before posting such question, that has been answered a million time.

Check www.immihelp.com for visitor visa guidelines
  3. GCApplcnt

GCApplcnt Registered Users (C)

A good place to start is a consulate where they are planning to apply for their B1s - they normally have a full list of documents required.
    Consular policies do vary, but if their official reason of visit is to see you, they will need a proof of your legal presence in the US (copy H1-B stamp & I-94, bith sides ). If you will be supporting them for the lengh of their trip, you will also need to submit the affidavid of support.
    You can also read more at http://travel.state.gov/visa/tempvisitors_types_visitor3.html