1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform 2015.

    What does it mean? Listen to video discussions by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna on Immigration.com YouTube Channel. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

How to get 10 year multiple entry Visa

Discussion in 'B Visa Issues at the Consulate' started by abcunha, Mar 19, 2009.

  1. abcunha

    abcunha Registered Users (C)

    My parents has green card and they are in India for last 10 months. We did not file reentry so they will loose Green card after one year. They don't have any plan to return US So we decided to give up (surrender) green card and at the same time apply for 10 year multiple visa.
    My question is what's difference between B1 and B2? What's form I need to fill up for 10 year multiple visa?
    Since they already had green card. Do they still need sponsor for multiple entry visa?
  2. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    B-1 is for business visits, B-2 is for personal visits. Visas are usually issued with B-1/2 annotation. They should use form DS-156 to apply for B-2 visas.

    B-2 visas NEVER need a sponsor, since they are self-sponsored.

  3. abcunha

    abcunha Registered Users (C)

    Hi Ghori, Thanks for the quick reply.
    They are not rich so they can not self sponsored. So Do I still need to sponsre?
  4. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    Hundreds of thousands of visitors come to the US and they are not all rich.
    Applicants from my part of the world, Indian sub-continent, for some reason believe that B-2 visas can never be issued without a friend or relative sending an I-134. That is totally incorrect.
    However if it makes you feel better, send them an I-134 if you want to.

  5. abcunha

    abcunha Registered Users (C)

    I was looking at DS-156 form but I dont see anywhere that I can specify my parents need 10 year multi entry visa.
  6. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    The consul decides on the validity period.

  7. abcunha

    abcunha Registered Users (C)

    Should my parents ask for 10 year multiyear Visa when they goes for interview? My parents going to surrender their green card at the same time so is it apporpriate to ask for 10 year multi entry visa?
  8. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    They can ask for whatever they want. The consul will decide whether they can get it or not. I wish them good luck!

  9. prasad581

    prasad581 Registered Users (C)

    B-1 is for business visits, B-2 is for personal visits.
  10. dde

    dde Registered Users (C)

    wd like to sponsor parents for greencard, but finding info confusing. what happens after filing I-130 with supporting docs?
  11. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    You are looking in the wrong sub-forum. Read up at "Family Based Green Cards"


Share This Page