How to get 10 year multiple entry Visa

abcunha

Registered Users (C)
My parents has green card and they are in India for last 10 months. We did not file reentry so they will loose Green card after one year. They don't have any plan to return US So we decided to give up (surrender) green card and at the same time apply for 10 year multiple visa.
My question is what's difference between B1 and B2? What's form I need to fill up for 10 year multiple visa?
Since they already had green card. Do they still need sponsor for multiple entry visa?

B-1 is for business visits, B-2 is for personal visits. Visas are usually issued with B-1/2 annotation. They should use form DS-156 to apply for B-2 visas.

My question is what's difference between B1 and B2? What's form I need to fill up for 10 year multiple visa?

B-2 visas NEVER need a sponsor, since they are self-sponsored.

Do they still need sponsor for multiple entry visa?

Hi Ghori, Thanks for the quick reply.
They are not rich so they can not self sponsored. So Do I still need to sponsre?

Hundreds of thousands of visitors come to the US and they are not all rich.
Applicants from my part of the world, Indian sub-continent, for some reason believe that B-2 visas can never be issued without a friend or relative sending an I-134. That is totally incorrect.
However if it makes you feel better, send them an I-134 if you want to.

They are not rich so they can not self sponsored. So Do I still need to sponsre?

I was looking at DS-156 form but I dont see anywhere that I can specify my parents need 10 year multi entry visa.

Should my parents ask for 10 year multiyear Visa when they goes for interview? My parents going to surrender their green card at the same time so is it apporpriate to ask for 10 year multi entry visa?

They can ask for whatever they want. The consul will decide whether they can get it or not. I wish them good luck!

Should my parents ask for 10 year multiyear Visa when they goes for interview? My parents going to surrender their green card at the same time so is it apporpriate to ask for 10 year multi entry visa?

wd like to sponsor parents for greencard, but finding info confusing. what happens after filing I-130 with supporting docs?