1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

How to fill form I-864A

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by dannyPx, Nov 7, 2005.

1. dannyPx

dannyPx Registered Users (C)

Please good people. I am suppose to meet my uncle today for him to help me sign the co-sponsor form. I am the alien and my wife is the USC. Please what part of teh form should my uncle fill. I 've gone through the forms but it is quite confusing.

Infact I don't understand any thing there. I need urgent help.
    Thanks wonderful people.

Part 1 .information on Sponsor's Household member or Sponsored Immigrant/Household memeber? Please who fills this part. Is it my wife the USC or the co-sponsor my uncle.

Part 2.Sponsors promise. Who fills this? My wife or my the co-sponsor

Part 3. House hold member promise: is it my wife or the co-sponsor that will fill this?

Part 4. Sponsored Immigrant/Household member's prmise: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor

Part 5. Sponsors signature: who will sign this? my wife or teh co-sponsor

part 6. Household Memeber's or sponsored Immigrant/Household memebers Signature: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  2. cherr1980

cherr1980 Registered Users (C)

Please read all the instructions carefully and read them again.
    Your wife fill the I-864, there are instructions at the beginning and instructions in each section. Please read them before fill them.
    The joint sponsor will fill another I-864 and your uncle must meet the 125% income requirement.
    Good luck,

3. ari4u

ari4u Registered Users (C)

Hope this clears things out...

Your wife (USC sponsor) fills I-864.

If you (the applicant) are NOTusing your income to meet requirements, you should NOT file form I-864A.

Your uncle is a joint sponsor and he fills a separate I-864 (NOT I-864A)

4. dannyPx

Hi Cherr1980. Yes I have a three year tax paper work from my wife. The problem is trhat she is not working now but I have the tax retgurn for 2003-2005. The problem is that she is not working now, I guess we need a co-sponsor. For the 1-864a which is for teh co-sponsor, that is what i am asking about. Please explain some more.

5. dannyPx

yeah I do understand that and that was what I was referring to. Hi . I have a three year tax paper work from my wife. The problem is trhat she is not working now but I have the tax return for 2003-2005. The problem is that she is not working now, I guess we need a co-sponsor. For the 1-864a which is for the co-sponsor, that is what i am asking about. Please explain some more. I am going to see my uncle so that he will fill the co-sponsor paper work and those questions up there are from teh co-sponsor form. My wife have already filled the form even though she is not working and that is why I need a co-sponsor so that i can turn in the paper work by friday.

6. guru5678

guru5678 Registered Users (C)

To keep it simple. You need two I-864 forms.
    1) your wife completly fills this one.
    2) your uncle completly fills this one out.Your wife/you dont write anything on your uncle's I-864.

You dont need I-864A.

7. ari4u

ari4u Registered Users (C)

Hi,
    You have to understand that co-sponsor files I-864 and NOT I-864A. So dont confuse yourself with the I-864A as you wont be needing it.

I repeat what i wrote in my earlier post...
    Your wife (USC sponsor) fills I-864.
    If you (the applicant) are NOT using your income to meet requirements, you should NOT file form I-864A.
    Your uncle is a joint sponsor and he fills a separate I-864 (NOT I-864A)