How to fill form I-864A

dannyPx

Registered Users (C)
Please good people. I am suppose to meet my uncle today for him to help me sign the co-sponsor form. I am the alien and my wife is the USC. Please what part of teh form should my uncle fill. I 've gone through the forms but it is quite confusing.

Infact I don't understand any thing there. I need urgent help.
Thanks wonderful people.

Part 1 .information on Sponsor's Household member or Sponsored Immigrant/Household memeber? Please who fills this part. Is it my wife the USC or the co-sponsor my uncle.

Part 2.Sponsors promise. Who fills this? My wife or my the co-sponsor

Part 3. House hold member promise: is it my wife or the co-sponsor that will fill this?

Part 4. Sponsored Immigrant/Household member's prmise: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor

Part 5. Sponsors signature: who will sign this? my wife or teh co-sponsor

part 6. Household Memeber's or sponsored Immigrant/Household memebers Signature: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read all the instructions carefully and read them again.
Your wife fill the I-864, there are instructions at the beginning and instructions in each section. Please read them before fill them.
The joint sponsor will fill another I-864 and your uncle must meet the 125% income requirement.
Good luck,

dannyPx said:
Please good people. I am suppose to meet my uncle today for him to help me sign the co-sponsor form. I am the alien and my wife is the USC. Please what part of teh form should my uncle fill. I 've gone through the forms but it is quite confusing.

Thanks wonderful people.

Part 1 .information on Sponsor's Household member or Sponsored Immigrant/Household memeber? Please who fills this part. Is it my wife the USC or the co-sponsor my uncle.

Part 3. House hold member promise: is it my wife or the co-sponsor that will fill this?

Part 4. Sponsored Immigrant/Household member's prmise: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor

part 6. Household Memeber's or sponsored Immigrant/Household memebers Signature: who fills this? My wife or the co-sponsor?

Hope this clears things out...

Your wife (USC sponsor) fills I-864.

If you (the applicant) are NOTusing your income to meet requirements, you should NOT file form I-864A.

Your uncle is a joint sponsor and he fills a separate I-864 (NOT I-864A)

cherr1980 said:
Please read all the instructions carefully and read them again.
Your wife fill the I-864, there are instructions at the beginning and instructions in each section. Please read them before fill them.
The joint sponsor will fill another I-864 and your uncle must meet the 125% income requirement.
Good luck,

Hi Cherr1980. Yes I have a three year tax paper work from my wife. The problem is trhat she is not working now but I have the tax retgurn for 2003-2005. The problem is that she is not working now, I guess we need a co-sponsor. For the 1-864a which is for teh co-sponsor, that is what i am asking about. Please explain some more.

ari4u said:
Hope this clears things out...

If you (the applicant) are NOTusing your income to meet requirements, you should NOT file form I-864A.

yeah I do understand that and that was what I was referring to. Hi . I have a three year tax paper work from my wife. The problem is trhat she is not working now but I have the tax return for 2003-2005. The problem is that she is not working now, I guess we need a co-sponsor. For the 1-864a which is for the co-sponsor, that is what i am asking about. Please explain some more. I am going to see my uncle so that he will fill the co-sponsor paper work and those questions up there are from teh co-sponsor form. My wife have already filled the form even though she is not working and that is why I need a co-sponsor so that i can turn in the paper work by friday.

dannyPx said:

Thanks wonderful people.

Nobody. Its only needed if your uncle's income is less then 125% of required and he wants to use his wife's income, so that thier joint income becomes more than 125%. Only in that case your uncle's wife would fill I-864A

Nobody.. If your uncle is using anybody from his family to overcome 125% requirement then his family member.

To keep it simple. You need two I-864 forms.
1) your wife completly fills this one.
2) your uncle completly fills this one out.Your wife/you dont write anything on your uncle's I-864.

You dont need I-864A.

dannyPx said:
yeah I do understand that and that was what I was referring to. Hi . I have a three year tax paper work from my wife. The problem is trhat she is not working now but I have the tax return for 2003-2005. The problem is that she is not working now, I guess we need a co-sponsor. For the 1-864a which is for the co-sponsor, that is what i am asking about. Please explain some more. I am going to see my uncle so that he will fill the co-sponsor paper work and those questions up there are from teh co-sponsor form. My wife have already filled the form even though she is not working and that is why I need a co-sponsor so that i can turn in the paper work by friday.

Hi,
You have to understand that co-sponsor files I-864 and NOT I-864A. So dont confuse yourself with the I-864A as you wont be needing it.

I repeat what i wrote in my earlier post...
If you (the applicant) are NOT using your income to meet requirements, you should NOT file form I-864A.