1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to correct the Wrong address in AR-11?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by kaneha, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. kaneha

    kaneha Registered Users (C)

    Field for AOS in April & moved.
    Last week mailed a Change of address Application, but accidentally put in the wrong address(house address), 39750 instead of 37950 to be exact.

    How can I correct this?
    Should I file a new AR-11 or write a letter to correct my address?
    Any advise or cooments, helpfull.
  2. waitingforAOS11

    waitingforAOS11 Registered Users (C)

    File another AR11, one goes to the address mentioned and one letter to your local office. If possible, explain your mistake in the letter.
  3. kaneha

    kaneha Registered Users (C)

    1) What address should I fill now in the OLD ADDRESS column, the wrong address or the old right address?

    2) And DO I have to mail it(Ar-11) from the previous address zip code or can I mail it from the new address zip code post office?
  4. waitingforAOS11

    waitingforAOS11 Registered Users (C)

    1). You put in your old address and the new (correct) address.

    2). Does not make a difference which zip code you file it from.

    Make sure you send the same info. to your local office as well.
  5. bb_5555

    bb_5555 Registered Users (C)


    it doesnt matter where you mail it

    they'll figure out what you did

    it's really not a big deal.

    all that form does is let one specific department know where everyone is.

    even if you have no status its ok to send it because the database is not linked with the local office database

    that is why you not only have to send that but also let local office know your correct address as well.

Share This Page