1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come back to US after being deported in this case ?

Discussion in 'Exclusion or Removal from USA' started by Johny3, Mar 11, 2011.

  1. Johny3

    Johny3 Registered Users (C)

    I came to USA in 1999 as an immigrant, had a green card, and lived legally for almost 5 years 1999-2004. I was still young that time and did some mistakes. I was convicted of possession of stolen property, was given 5 years of probation. I was found inadmissible due to conviction. But immigration judge saw some future for me and gave me a bail... I couldn't pay a bail and was deported. It was more than 7 years ago. The bar is 10 years.

    In jail I became a Christian. After being deported I studied in 3 different Bible institutions, finished 5 years of Theological studies. I became a best student in one Bible College. I have few diplomas and license as a Christian minister. Today I'm in East Africa, doing mission work and ministry, helping people.

    I have lots of contacts in USA, even support is from USA. Many Christian organizations are in USA. Some would invite me to conduct some seminars.

    My questions:
    1. I was deported more than 7 years ago, but bar is for 10 years. Is it ANY WAY to come back before 10 years bar is expired?? What should I do in this case?

    2. If it is only way to wait for 10 years bar expiration, what should I do in order to apply to come back?

    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. BigJoe5

    BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

    Come back to the U.S. in what capacity? On a business trip or as an immigrant?
  3. Johny3

    Johny3 Registered Users (C)

    at this ponit I see this as a business visit ...
  4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

    Obi-Wan Kenobi Registered Users (C)

    Heh, sounds threatening!

    Congrats on turning your life around. What is the biggest reason for your not being able to wait the final 3 years?

    I'm also curious about this, since I'm in a "10 year ban" situation myself, although the circumstances are very different.
  5. Johny3

    Johny3 Registered Users (C)

    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
  6. Johny3

    Johny3 Registered Users (C)

    If I inderstood your question right, what proves I have to overcome 3 years more bar ? Honestly, I'm looking myself for someone could help in letting me know what could be good reasons to come back earlier as a visitor or immigrant, obviously in case to immigrate again to US, would much harder....
  7. Obi-Wan Kenobi

    Obi-Wan Kenobi Registered Users (C)

    No, I mean why can't you wait the three years?
  8. Johny3

    Johny3 Registered Users (C)

    even after 3 years I will be still inadmissible, so it probably makes some sense to try to overcome inadmissibilities, though in 3 years probably it would be easier...
  9. PRAHA

    PRAHA Registered Users (C)

    why bother ..there is plenty other countries to chose from...whats so special here..food sux anyway ..everything is ssssoooooooooooooooooooo expensive ..there is no jobs and widespread despair ...
  10. Concerned4us

    Concerned4us Banned

    Speak with an attorney to see if there is any case law applicable to your situation.

    It is likely that any waiver would take longer than the remaioning period of your exclusion since the legal system moves slowly and you have not even started the process as of yet.

Share This Page