HOW TO BRING SPOUSE/CHILD IF I GOT dV LOTTERY VISA AFTER MENTION UNMARRIED

birat123

Hi!!
I got a DV lottery visa on 2010 . I have wife with one daughter & son but when i process my case i mention as unmarried & i went as single status to united states.I am living there as green card holder from 2yrs now i need to bring my family over here, is there any way to bring them.plz help me ....

No there is no legal way for you to do so. What you did is considered immigration fraud and if you attempt to bring them here and USCIS finds out by reviewing your immigration history, your own green card can/will be revoked and you will be thrown out of this country.

That was a colossal folly on your part and you're paying the price. You should have known at that time that you would need your family here at some point.

Your only hope is for your wife/children to win a lottery on their own and migrate here in a way that your immigration histories are never reviewed concurrently. Even if she won the lottery, she also would have to lie that she has no husband here because that can lead to your history also being reviewed.

Boy you're in a deep stinky royal pile of horse manure that you brought upon yourself via that initial untruth.

Good luck!

Hi!!
I got a DV lottery visa on 2010 . I have wife with one daughter & son but when i process my case i mention as unmarried & i went as single status to united states.I am living there as green card holder from 2yrs now i need to bring my family over here, is there any way to bring them.plz help me ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your marriage and child already exist before you got the lottery visa? If yes, it will be impossible for you to bring them to the US to immigrate because your failure to list them during your DV process is immigration fraud. Attempting to bring them will result in losing your own green card.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does matter. For example, there is one scenario. His spouse has a history of past immigration violations in the US and some smart Alec advised the OP to hide this fact due to spouse's history. Otherwise, for DV based visas, there is no reason to hide dependents.

Does the reason really matter or you only want to know out of curiosity?

Of course. I was just looking at the end result, that no reason would be exculpatory however this is a forum for learning so you are right, it will be helpful/interesting to know the reason for his action.

It does matter. For example, there is one scenario. His spouse has a history of past immigration violations in the US and some smart Alec advised the OP to hide this fact due to spouse's history. Otherwise, for DV based visas, there is no reason to hide dependents.

Some people believe that if they list their spouse or children, their chances of winning a spot in the DV lottery will be reduced. I haven't studied the selection process enough to know if that is true or false.

I heard that rumor when I was back in my home country. There is a lot of misinformation/rumor out there. Of course we do not know the algorithm for the lottery so we can never tell.

Some people believe that if they list their spouse or children, their chances of winning a spot in the DV lottery will be reduced. I haven't studied the selection process enough to know if that is true or false.

Main reason not to mention during process !!!!

Thx everybody for my question. When i apply for dv lottery my wife & children were out of place were i lived so i apply as single status . When i win dv lottery & got 1st letter there was a chance to add my family,but i could not do that, there is misunderstanding ,that if add them i will not get 2nd letter ,that mean my dream to go unites states will be closed.
Now i notice that its very hard process to get them visa,but i here lot of process from u guys , plz help me if any body has this type of case u here..

Gentleman, you committed willful immigration fraud. Forget about bringing them here at least until you're a citizen unless you want to be deported back to wherever you came from.

Do you understand what I am writing clearly?

Thx everybody for my question. When i apply for dv lottery my wife & children were out of place were i lived so i apply as single status . When i win dv lottery & got 1st letter there was a chance to add my family,but i could not do that, there is misunderstanding ,that if add them i will not get 2nd letter ,that mean my dream to go unites states will be closed.
Now i notice that its very hard process to get them visa,but i here lot of process from u guys , plz help me if any body has this type of case u here..

If you want to live with your wife and child, pack your bags, leave the US and surrender your green card at a US embassy. Attempting to sponsor their green cards US will expose your fraud, which will result in their green card applications being rejected and your green card being revoked.

While it is possible for them to immigrate if they do it independently of you (for example through employer sponsorship or your wife's US citizen relative), their process may trigger scrutiny of your green card because you're married to her, which could result in your green card being revoked while they get their green cards. So either way, you won't be able to live with them in the US.

I have the same problem but i still didnt go to interview

I have the same problem but i still didn't start the process of getting the visa, I have been selected for the DV 2014 for further processing but I don't know what to do and since you went through the same situation please advise me what to do? is it better if i add my spouse and three daughters to the application now or what? Your comment will be highly appreciated as it is life-changing

Hellow birat123
I have got the same situation about family?

What did you do? What result did you get ?
Please suggest me ?

Hellow birat123
I have got the same situation about family?

What did you do? What result did you get ?
Please suggest me ?

I don't think there is any solution to this, since its a fraud and he will get deported from the United States. The only option in his hands and for you is to pack up and leave the United States for ever. The only case that is accepted is when you got married after winning the lottery and that still goes under investigation. If you are already married when you applied you had to come clean and include your family.