How to Apply for a Green Card- Do it Yourself

Help I-130 for wife staying India

I need help to file I-130 for my wife. Consular Immigrant Visa Processing
Background: I got GC 6years back and it is employment based GC.
I belong to India and got married in India to lady who had married in past and has two children of age 8 and 10. Her former husband died in accident and she was widow when I got married to her 10 months back and at the time of marriage I was GC holder. I did not file any petition for her or Kids as I was wafting for my US citizenship.
In May 2009 I got my US Citizenship.
My wife and my two step children are staying in India.

I want to file I-130 for my wife and the two children.

My questions:
I came to know that I need to file three I-130 petitions.
One I-130 for wife
One I-130 for child 1
One I-130 for child 2
Is that correct?
I have to send My G325 (4pages) with my wife I-130
My wife has to fill her G325 (4 pages) that will be sent with I-130 that is filed for her.

On the form G325A lower Left side it is written” this form is submitted in connection with an application for”
NATRALIZATION
STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
OTHER (Specify)
One has to tick mark and I will TICK “Other” and then write I-130
What my Wife should write or tick on her form G325A?

Do I also need to send my G325A and my wife G325A with Children (age 8and10) I-130 petition?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Here is a list of documents for U.S Citizen's parents sponsorship
IMMEDIATE RELATIVE (Parent) FAMILY BASED ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS (I-485) WITH A CONCURRENT I-130

Major contents:
Package 1:
I-130 and Supporting Documentation
Package 2:
I-485 and Supporting Documentation
I-765 EAD Work Authorization and Supporting Documentation (Optional)
I-131 Advance Parole and Supporting Documentation (Optional)

Package 1: I-130 and Supporting Documentation
I-130 Packet Concurrent Filing Documentation Table of Contents
(Mother)

- Check Payment in the amount of $ 355.00
- Completed Form I-130
- Copy of Birth Certificate (Petitioner)
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (Parents , required only for Father)
- Copy of U.S Naturalization Certificate

Package 2 : I-485 and Supporting Documentation
I-485 Packet Concurrent Filing Documentation Table of Contents
(Mother)

- Check Payment in the amount of $ 1010 ( I-485 Fees + Biometrics Fees)
- Completed I-485 form Application
- Completed G-325 A Form ( Used by the FBI for Background Check Purpose , needs to be accurate )
- 2 Photos
- Copy of intending immigrant’s passport Biographical Pages
- Copy of intending immigrant’s passport U.S Nonimmigrant Visa
- Copy of intending immigrant’s I-94 Card
- Copy of intending immigrant’s Birth Certificate
- I-693 Medical (Sealed) Envelope ( Needs to be completed by a USCIS Authorized Medical Doctor)
- Copy of intending immigrant’s Marriage Certificate
- Completed I-864 Affidavit of Support form Year 2008 Sponsor Federal Tax Return filing (Includes 1040 , Schedules , 1099 forms)
- Year 2008 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
- Year 2007 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
- Year 2006 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
- Copy of Sponsor Employee or Cosigner Pay Statements ( 2 Months)

GC by marriage, TPS and Advance Parole

Please someone HELP!!!!

I need help with the following:....

Am an american citizen naturalized and my husband has a TPS status, he came to the us ilegally, however he applied for an Advance Parole to leave and re entered the country legally two years ago. His I-94 has expired but his TPS is current.

On form I-130, part C, question 14:"if your relative is currently in the US, complete the following: he or she arrived as a: (visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc"....What do I need to answer here, since he entered ilegally the first time and legally the second time?

on form I485, part 1 "Current USCIS Status:"...What should go here?

On form I485, part 3, question 1 (c):"have you ever ... been arrested..."he has been arrested twice; one for public disorder and the other for DUI. First one, he spent two weeks in jail and then was released. Second one he was released after paying the fines; he also served community service, completed a DUI Program, et.

We went to the local police department to get his criminal record, but nothing shows on this record. we asked the person there, and she said that probably one doesn't show because it was a "first offense" and the other because they took "poor fingerprints" and was not recorded. What should we send as proof of these arrests? we have paper showing the DUI arrest, but nothing on the first arrest.

Can I, the wife, translate his birth certificate in Spanish to English and have a notary public sing with me? or does someone else need to translate it and notarize it?

Do we need to fill out form I485 Supplement A based on his status? Does this apply to him: You do not have to submit Supplement A to form I485 if you: are applying to adjust status as the spouse....of a US citizen....and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the US other than in c-1 of s nonimmigrant status" (he was inspected the second time at the airport, but not the first time.)"

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Lawful Permanent Residence ("Green Card")

Lawful Permanent Residence ("Green Card")

This section of the USCIS Website provides you with information and directions necessary to apply for lawful permanent residence (LPR), or "green cards". You will have the opportunity to access information regarding ways to get a "green card". A "green card" gives you official immigration status (Lawful Permanent Residency) in the United states. If you already are a permanent resident, you may want to read, "Now That You Are A Permanent Resident".

If you already know the specific path of immigration you wish to follow, visit one of the following:

* Immigration through a Family Member
* Immigration through Employment

If you are unsure which immigration path best fits your particular situation, see our general information section.

Immigration Classification and Visa Categories
How do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While in the United States?
Eligibility information: Who May Apply to Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While in the United States

Additional information related to lawful permanent residency that you might need to review are as follows:

* How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)?
* How Do I Replace My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)?

for more details please Click Here

-------------------------

Jimmi.

Do we have to submit entire copy of I-130 petition with I-485

I understand that we have to submit a copy of our concurrently filed I-130 in the I-485 package as "Evidence of Eligibility". Question is, should we include just a copy of I-130 form or the whole petition?

This is the wording from the I-485 instructions.

"Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrant petition that makes a visa number immediately available to you, or submit a complete relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military petition that, if approved, will make a visa number immediately available to you"

Thanks in advance

Question about last name(s)

Hi everyone,
I'm on the final steps of filling the immigration forms and I suddenly realized I don't know what to do about my last name. I'm from South America, where most people have 2 last names, one from the father (father's 1st last name) and one from the mother (mother's 1st last name). In all my documents from South America I have both last names and they even show like that in my marriage license (to a USC). Should I include both in all forms? I'm guessing yes, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much!

Clarification about I-130 documents

All,
I am a USC trying to compile visa documents for my wife in India and minor step-child. I notice in this thread that few have filed I-485 concurrently. I have the follwoing questions?
1) Is it necessary to file I-485 concurrently or can I wait till I-130 is approved? Advantages/Disadvantages of filing concurrently
2) Should I file separate forms for my wife and minor(14 yrs) step-child? or a single I-130 form suffice?
3) What are the documents that I should include with I-130?
I-130 form and Check for $355
G-325A for self
G-325A for wife
Is G-325A required for minor child?
USC certificate and passport copies for Self
Photos for self and wife
Marriage certificate
Are birth certificates for self and wife required to be filed?
Any other affidavits and certificates?

Thanks

Hi All,
I'm in the process of becoming a USC. Currently awaiting for my interview letter.

I've two questions about applying permanent residency for my spouse who is on F-1 Status. OPT starts from October 2009 and will be valid till October 2010.

1. Can I apply I-130 & G-325A for my spose before I become USC to speed up the
process.
Is the USCIS process time the same if i apply I-130 with my green card status
or is it faster if i apply with citizenship status.

2. If I can apply now, do i've to send any additional information for this I-130
application (like an amendment or something) once I become USC

I understand that I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, & I-765 can all be applied together and the process time is much faster once I become USC since we dont have to wait for a VISA number.

Also, how about I-693 medical exam. My wife took all the immunization shots and done her TB testing (X-Ray taken) on arrival to the US on F-1 status in Oct 2006. Does this hold good or do we have to get it done again.

Please advice. Really appreciate it.
Best Regards

Current Status Field in I-485

Hi All,

I am applying to AOS through marraige to US Citizen. I have a small question on Current status field in I-485. I am not sure what to enter for my scenario.

Scenario:
Entered US through F1, applied to H1B got the approval but INS asked to re enter since i went out of status by the time of H1 approval and Finish date of OPT. I never left the country but started working with the same H1 until now which is 4 Yrs. Consulted lawyer they said i am not Out of status because on my I-94 it said F1 D/S (Duration of Stay). Now i am not sure what to enter in this field.

Please suggest any Opinions and thanks for your help.

Its not I400 its N400 if your spouse is planning to file for naturalization.
nt th
She needs to be a USC first before she can file AOS for you.

But she can file the I130 now but in which it'll take longer to approve coz shes still a LPR now.

It would be best if you'll file I130 and I485 together when your spouse becomes a USC.

hello iamthegreatest,
i read ur post.i am new to this forum.i have applied for green card for my husband as i am a US citizen.we received an RFE and we sent the reply 3 weeks back.we havent heard anything from USCIS since then.u said you received few things via email.what do u mean by that,u got mail in ur inbox because for us we r not getting anything via email.we just get regular postoffice mail.i just wanted to know what do u do so that ur status gets updated and u get information via email.pls reply.thanks

Age difference in birth certificate less than 5months

Hi

I was going to apply I130 for my mother who is outside of US. I130 requires siblings' birthdates. I found that age difference between two of my siblings is only 5 months :) You know what happned in early days when school teachers put the birthdates randomly w/o asking family. This is what happened to my siblings here. I found little awkward to put these birthdates in my mothers I130. it will not be credible and USCIS will ask question about it. I also would like to apply I130 for both of my siblings within a year..

What should I do now, what are the options available? I appreciate your time.

Thanks

Your siblings MUST need to correct their record and get a corrected one, which shouldn't be any problem, unless you would like to waste your money, time and efforts in filing anything for them because USCIS will issue RFE and eventually will deny the petition for them. One can ALWAYS correct incorrect information such as this with civil authority. It's not a big deal. Many people's birth certificate contains wrong information one way or another. So ask them to get a birth certificate with corrected info.

Hi

I was going to apply I130 for my mother who is outside of US. I130 requires siblings' birthdates. I found that age difference between two of my siblings is only 5 months :) You know what happned in early days when school teachers put the birthdates randomly w/o asking family. This is what happened to my siblings here. I found little awkward to put these birthdates in my mothers I130. it will not be credible and USCIS will ask question about it. I also would like to apply I130 for both of my siblings within a year..

What should I do now, what are the options available? I appreciate your time.

Thanks

Age difference in birth certificate less than 5months

THanks Johny. The problem is the educational certificates. Birthdate can be fixed from civil authority easily but it is hard to fix in the educational certificates.

THanks Johny. The problem is the educational certificates. Birthdate can be fixed from civil authority easily but it is hard to fix in the educational certificates.

But why to care about a wrong date of birth on educational record if one could be able to fix/correct the date of birth on a birth certificate? I mean, there is no need to provide educational record if birth certificate will be provided to USCIS. The only time one would need to submit educational record as a secondary evidence to prove the date of birth is when birth certificate is unavailable or cannot be obtained for whatever reason. If that would be the case, educational certificate is not the only secondary evidence an applicant could submit; rather baptism certificate, sworn affidavit from two people who witnessed the birth of the applicant or some kind of govt. record showing birth could be submitted as well. One out of these would do the trick, but if one could submit all or more than once then that would be better to avoid any further RFE as some officers at NBC (National Benefit Center) focus on only cetain stuff/evidence than following the guildeline established by USCIS as to what could be accepted as a secondary evidence. I hope you know that once BC is unavailable or if it's not submitted to USCIS then secondary evidence cannot be accepted without an official letter from the civil registar explaining that BC is not available and why it's not available.

Good luck...

Hello!
I have question.My wife she don't have last 3 years tax form(w2) but now is working and we have sponsor how much need for the sponsor income?What can i do?
Thanks!

Filing I-485 with an approved I-130

I'm going to file I-485 for my wife as soon as I become a US citizen ( this Oct 21 )

1. When I filed her I-130 as a spouse of permanent resident we wanted consular processing but now we want to do an adjustment of status since she is already here in the US. I don't know what exactly we filled in her I-130 application about 5 year ago.Now her I-130 is already approved. Do I need to do anything extra to ensure that her application does not processed in the consulate abroad but have it done here ?

2.How many copies of G-325 should I submit ?

3. Do I need certified copies of my spouse's birth certificate and our marriage certificate ? My spouse does not have the original birth certificate in order to get a certified copy.

4. My wife entered US on a B2 visa and is currently working on H1-B but does not have a H1-B stamp yet on her passport but she just has the H1-B approval with I-94. Should I attach a copy of her H1-B approval as well?

4. My wife's passport has expired and she is getting a new one this week . Should I send in copies of both new and old passports since old passport has her B2 visa stamp ?

Yes, that shows she is in status.

4. My wife entered US on a B2 visa and is currently working on H1-B but does not have a H1-B stamp yet on her passport but she just has the H1-B approval with I-94. Should I attach a copy of her H1-B approval as well?

Thx to TripleCitizen..

Can someone help me answer the remaining questions please ?

1. When I filed her I-130 as a spouse of permanent resident we wanted consular processing but now we want to do an adjustment of status since she is already here in the US. I don't know what exactly we filled in her I-130 application about 5 year ago.Now her I-130 is already approved. Do I need to do anything extra to ensure that her application does not processed in the consulate abroad but have it done here ?

2.How many copies of G-325 should I submit ?

3. Do I need certified copies of my spouse's birth certificate and our marriage certificate ? My spouse does not have the original birth certificate in order to get a certified copy.