How precise should I be about physical presence?

jjh

I'm applying for citizenship for my child and am unsure as to how precise to be with dates of physical presence in the United States. I'm a US citizen born abroad but have lived in the US for 2 years as a child and 8 as an adult. For the moment, I have listed extremely precise dates over an 8 year range. Since I travel a lot the range is interrupted many times and the list is long. Is this the correct way to proceed?

Also, regarding the Affidavit, I have listed the same dates of physical presence and the dates I was abroad. The lists are exhaustive since I have travelled quite a bit. Is this the correct way to proceed?

Any and all feedback concerning this would be helpful as my appointment is next week.
Thanks!!

You mean your child is a U.S. citizen from birth and you're applying for a CRBA at a U.S. consulate?

Well, be as precise as you can! If you are unsure of the dates, mention that they may be off by a few days, or whatever.

In addition to listing the dates as precisely as possible, you probably will also have to bring some proof of living in the US, such as school or employment records. Note that for this purpose they don't care about time in the US after the child's birth, as it's only the amount of time before the birth which is relevant for conferring citizenship to the child at birth.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I found answers to my questions in other forums too. Hope I remembered all the dates correctly - thank goodness for digitally stampmarked photos of my past!