1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much money should we have saved in bank accounts.

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Bellx3, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Peter89A

Peter89A New Member

Me and my wife had no money on savings. We did get our apartment valued by an realtor. It was valued to 100.000 USD. They Embassy deemed it to be enough. We just had an paper from the realtor in english. Although the lady at the hatch told us that we needed a contract to prove that we are the owners. But the actuall interviewer did not care for this paper. I guess we looked like decent folks! :p

We did get an affidavit of support aswell. Just to be on the safe side, my friend who lives in the US was kind enough to step up. But they didnt bother to look at those paper.
    Everything turned out just fine. - This was in Sweden. It was very laid back.

Just thought I should share how things ended up for us.

Smallland and SusieQQQ like this.
  2. Smallland

Smallland Member

It's calming to hear that coming from Sweden!
    Did you apply with education, and if so was it sufficient with a translated copy of 'slutbetyg från gymnasiet?' :)

3. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Fwiw when I did my interview in South Africa a few years ago they also asked if we owned property. So some consulates are definitely happy to take illiquid assets into account, presumably on the assumption you will or can sell them when you move to the US.

4. Peter89A

Peter89A New Member

Yes, I did apply with my education. I simply called my old school, asked them for a new copy of my diploma, but in english. Which I got.
    The officer at the embassy deemed it to be sufficent. They never mentioned, so I would guess it was allright.:p

Smallland likes this.
  5. saabe

saabe Member

Yes I did, I am just (too) cautious by nature. Thanks for replying.