How much $$$$ is actually needed?

tufaan

Registered Users (C)
How much $$$ one need to bring into USA to qualify for green card based on EB5?

I understand the basics about 1 Million or 500K in areas where unemployment rate is more; I am interested to know if this kind of an amount is needed in actual cash?

Can somebody bring in around 300K and get a loan from a US bank for around 700K to make around 1 Million. If this investment can provide jobs to around 10 people. Does a person qualify for a EB5 based green card? Is this realistic?

One of the conditions is that your investment must be "at risk". Putting the bank's money at risk is not accepted. There are companies that supposedly offer fairly investments and deal with the USCIS of things. Search the forum for it. I would be very wary of such blind investments though.

It can be all bank money

The other person is wrong it can be all borrowed money from a bank or friends if they are willing to lend it to you it is OK

The USCIS examines very closely the trail of funds that are invested. The funds have to come from the investor and be "at risk" in the project or Regional Center. The funds could be your own earnings or gift that you have received from any legal source. Theoretically loans are acceptable so long as the lender has no recourse to those funds that have been invested. In practice though lenders would seek some hold on the sums loaned. Hence USCIS generally will not look favourably at loans (unless you can show convincingly that these are clean loans without recourse and collateral if any are not from the investment). KINDLY NOTE I AM NOT A LAWYER AND PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WITH AN ATTORNEY BEFORE COMMITTING YOURSELF.

what if someone writes a screenplay and produces a film with it, with the funding coming from movie investors and/or a studio? consider the amount of contract employment the project would create?

These Regional Centers are probably the best source of information relating the eb5 green card. Remember that the foreign investor visa is quite different form the <a href="http://www.cmbeb5visa.com">green card visa</a> and has extra benefits for the immigrant investor. Some of these benefits include getting a direct route to a Green Card & permanent residency in the United States for you, your partner and any children under 21

How much $$$ one need to bring into USA to qualify for green card based on EB5?

I understand the basics about 1 Million or 500K in areas where unemployment rate is more; I am interested to know if this kind of an amount is needed in actual cash?

Can somebody bring in around 300K and get a loan from a US bank for around 700K to make around 1 Million. If this investment can provide jobs to around 10 people. Does a person qualify for a EB5 based green card? Is this realistic?

yes ...ITS POSSIBLE in A FANTASY LAND..banks here won't touch you with 10 FOOT POLE LET ALONE GIVE YOU 700 000 DOLLARS .;)

I have a question... Hope someone can help me.
Can the 500000 be invested in lets say a mortgage/real estate company i buy over? Or a computer company? I want to buy one of these to start my own business because I have a lot of knowledge in both. At the same time I would love to have the green card, and would need it anyway if I want to stay working here in those companies... Can somebody advice me please?
Thanks a lot!!

Marguerite

If you buy an existing company, the company has to create at least 10 new jobs, and it must either undergo significant restructuring (i.e. not merely a change of ownership), or increase its net worth or number of employees by 40 percent.

These are all really interesting and great questions. A great California company which specializes in assisting foreign nationals (especially Chinese) in obtaining EB-5 investment visas in a variety of backgrounds is called EB5Opportunity.com. They work with immigration lawyers and top regional centers to make sure that every option is explored to expedite a successful legal application for the investor and their family.