• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How Many Times Have You Applied For The Dv Lottery? Please Share Your Experience.

sugar pie

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody, i have applied 8 times till now and this year is my 9th and still have hope, i wish everybody to share his experience . thanks and good luck for everyone.

I have applied every year since its inception but never won. Incidentally at least one person wins amongst those I fill out and submit the form for. I hope DV 2009 will be a lucky break for me.

Once and I won.
Well, technically it was twice, but because I was naive and didn't investigate, I applied through one of those commercial-fraudelent sites. Yeah, that was a waste of my money and time. But luckily, the second time, or the "real" first time I won. I'm very grateful.

I wish all who really want to live in the U.S. would win.

I applied in DV-2007 and DV-2008, but I think my submitted photo didn't have the required specifications.

DV-2009 is my third trial and I hope it will work out this time..

Twice, and won when i wasn't anxious and didnt even know how the form was filled. A bit of luck from a cousin.

applied once dv 1999 and won, mum won dv 2005, sister won dv 2007, i guess it's all in the family.

Apply 3 times

Apply for DV 2007, DV 2008, DV 2009.

Hopefully DV 2009, is the lucky year for me and my family.

experiance

i ve been playing since dv 1999, never won , i know some famillies members who won one after the other , i ve played for friends who won , never me
i lost hope , now i take it like a game cause i immigrated to canada
and i am happy with it , but my dream was to live in LA , but its ok like that

First, my wife applied in 2002 for DV-2004 (7 times in a row).
I applied in 2003 for DV-2005 (6 times in a row).
13 attempts in total.

Other than these, I applied for a friend in 2005 for DV-2007;
He won and received the plastic card to his address in Jan 2008 :)

On the 3rd try, I applied for all my siblings and parents (10 persons total), and would you believe both my parents won, and none of the children! But of course they were too old to move over, so they declined.

Once, thought is was a hoax but turned out to be true although it is too good to be true.

2008AS19xx

Since it started.

We have been entering since it started becos by then me and my brothers and Sisters were small.My Dad had been entering it for us.So in 2005,for the first time My Dad asked me to go to the Cyber cafe and register for all the members of the family,i registerd for evry body,it clicked for me and my two elder brothers.Three of us are in the states now.To God be the Glory.:)

Twice for me, but the first time was DV2004 through one of those dodgy agents, so I don't think that counted. I won DV2008, although forgot I even applied until the winning letter was recieved. Took me a while to work out what the letter was going on about, then it finally clicked.