• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How many times did you enter?

dilemma87

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be interesting in the lead up to finding out the results for DV 2016 to ask how many times everyone has entered before they were selected for further processing? I understand some may have been selected in the past but their case number was too high etc.

This is my first time entering, I've never entered the DV Lottery before so fingers crossed I'm lucky and I'm picked the first time, and with a low CN!

My first time was for the 2012 fiasco... was selected but then the results were void... since then, no luck

I entered my parents first time in DV2010, DV 2011, DV2012 and DV 2013. I then was over 18 so entered myself in for DV 2014, 2015 and now DV 2016. So overall I have had 8 ENTRIES from both my parents those 4 years and another 3 from when I have been entering. So had a shot at it 10 times waiting on the 11th results. Wish me luck I need it haha, im currently in the US on an F1 visa with 1 year to graduate. Timing would be so perfect right now

PS does anyone know why they are only doing the results May 5 this year? Its Been may 1 ever since ive entered :/

My wife applied once in 2010 and we got it. I agreed to it initially as I thought we never win, and it will keep the peace in the house. I had just started a new job and we had a baby, so immigration was not on my horizon, so when it came up, I was caught out. I'm glad we did it though.

I first entered using the official website in 2005 I think. I applied 6 times between 2005 and 2013 (forgot about it in some years...) and finally my 2013 submission was selected.

We won on our second shot. Entered DV2014 and didn't get it. Entered DV2015 and got it.

There is an OC2015-er who got it on their 14th attempt. Is that some kind of record?

It's interesting the differing responses. I'm Australian and have had a friend who entered and got selected the first time and approved, and another friend who got selected and approved on her fourth time. I think being in the Oceania region is a big plus due to being a smaller region! @EmilyW that's crazy to hear about the OC2015-er who got it on their 14th attempt! Sounds like it would have to be some kind of record!

It was @OC_EMS and I was wrong. She had applied 16 times before finally winning DV2015. She had tried every year starting in 1999.

I swear, the party in the OC thread the day she was approved... the woman has resilience in spades!

Won on my second try:
- Entered DV-2013, was not selected.
- Forgot to enter DV-2014 :rolleyes:
- Selected in DV-2015, but with a high CN.

DV2016 marks my third year in a row entering. I have all fingers and limbs crossed that this year will be third time lucky and hopefully a low CN! It's crazy how getting selected just isn't enough, you need that magic number as well!

DV 2016 is my first time but I did fill some application form on some pop-out ads back in seven or eight years old. When I submitted all my information I found out I had to pay for it then I decided not to apply. After some days I got an oversea call from that agent reminded me to pay in order to apply and I told her I didn't want to apply.

After some many years I apply on the official website by myself because I fall in love with the US after the trip last year.