• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How many attempts did it take you before winning?

It looks like i am leading on this infamous list so far :'( As I said last year I don't know exactly how many times I played so far because when I first applied I was sitting in the same room in front of the same computer. I certainly played 13 times (since 2004) + 3 additional draws/redraws that happened in the meantime (like the one last year) so that's a minimum of 16 trials so far. But if I played for the first time in 2001 (while sitting in the same room in front of that same computer) than this is the 19th time so far!

Grrr... :eek::rolleyes::mad:

It looks like i am leading on this infamous list so far :'( As I said last year I don't know exactly how many times I played so far because when I first applied I was sitting in the same room in front of the same computer. I certainly played 13 times (since 2004) + 3 additional draws/redraws that happened in the meantime (like the one last year) so that's a minimum of 16 trials so far. But if I played for the first time in 2001 (while sitting in the same room in front of that same computer) than this is the 19th time so far!

Grrr... :eek::rolleyes::mad:

Is that mean your computer processor is celeron and currently using windows millennium!?

Gratuitous? I wouldn't react if he didn't make a comment out of topic.

Wow. You're really the one lacking a sense of humor here, dude.
You said something about the same computer in the same room since 2001, he made a joke about that, and for some reason you got all bent out of shape over it. Take a chill pill.

Also, I followed up on something that I suspected - and indeed, DV entries were still being mailed in in 2001. Not sure when they switched to electronic, I believe it was in 2003 or 2004, but if you were sitting in front of the same computer in the same room in 2001, then whatever you were doing, it wasn't entering the DV lottery.
https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2001/4382.htm

Wow. You're really the one lacking a sense of humor here, dude.
You said something about the same computer in the same room since 2001, he made a joke about that, and for some reason you got all bent out of shape over it. Take a chill pill.

Also, I followed up on something that I suspected - and indeed, DV entries were still being mailed in in 2001. Not sure when they switched to electronic, I believe it was in 2003 or 2004, but if you were sitting in front of the same computer in the same room in 2001, then whatever you were doing, it wasn't entering the DV lottery.
https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2001/4382.htm
Susie, it's called feeding the troll ;)

However, everyone is on the edge right now. We are 3 weeks away from the lottery drawing and people tend to be very sensitive at this time of year.

Ok. You both clearly misread and misunderstood what I wrote. I said I was sitting in the same room in front of the same computer when I first applied but I don't remember if it was in 2004 or 2001. I was obviously reading instructions on how to apply for DV Lottery. I never said that I applied online back then (that's your presumption) and I never ever said that I applied on that very same computer since 2001 like you falsely claim above! And I am quite certain that almost no one on this planet is using celeron based computers from 2001 (or 2004) now in 2017. But from what I wrote you somehow deducted wrong conclusions, twisted my words and now you are escalating this out of topic theme for absolutely no reason. Well done!

Maybe better for you if you don't get selected. It's a pretty stressful process, and if this is how you respond to a joke on the internet, you'd go into cardiac arrest well before your interview ever came up.

I know very well how to manage my emotions. No need for advice from you. And I am not surprised that you didn't apologize and admit your mistake for misunderstanding me, twisting my words and falsely claiming something that I never said. And now you, a supposedly 'well known member', are wishing me not to get selected!? You are truly unbelievable! I will not comment on you anymore.

I know very well how to manage my emotions. No need for advice from you. And I am not surprised that you didn't apologize and admit your mistake for misunderstanding me, twisting my words and falsely claiming something that I never said. And now you, a supposedly 'well known member', are wishing me not to get selected!? You are truly unbelievable! I will not comment on you anymore.

I think Abujbr was making a joke and his intention was not to make you angry it was just to remove some stress, since the lottery results are coming out soon and he also apologize for the comment. I don't think SusieQQQ wants anyone to be not selected and her comment was related to the level of stress after been selected. Just relax and lets wait with calm for those DV2018 results. Enjoy your weekend and take care :)

Last edited:

Oh my word, talk about "misunderstanding me, twisting my words and falsely claiming something that I never said"... I never said I wished you not to get selected; I merely expressed the concern that it might be better for you not to be, purely out of concern for your health and emotional wellbeing.

As for apologies, the only one I am aware that is necessary is one from you to Abujbr for the totally unnecessary, gratuitous insults you lobbed at him due to your inability to see humor in what others say. I'd love to see you man up and do that rather than acting like Trump in a tweet storm...

And it's a beautiful sunny Friday here in California, off to enjoy the rest of it now...

Calm down and relax. This is a frienday forum and you seem to be picking fights with people that will guide you IF you do get selected.