• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How many attempts did it take you before winning?

puda

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Been playing for 6 times in a row and just curious to hear back from winners :) How many attempts did it take you? I know some people who won the very first time hahaha! Lucky them! And some people that have been trying for 15 years in a row without winning.

You can also let us know how many times you have been playing the lottery so far!

Cheers

Hi all,

Been playing for 6 times in a row and just curious to hear back from winners :) How many attempts did it take you? I know some people who won the very first time hahaha! Lucky them! And some people that have been trying for 15 years in a row without winning.

You can also let us know how many times you have been playing the lottery so far!

Cheers

Hi Puda,

Welcome back to the forum and keep in mind that is all based on luck and some regions have higher chances to win like OC. Just got to keep on trying while the program exist and see if we have some luck on our side :)

Hi Puda,

Welcome back to the forum and keep in mind that is all based on luck and some regions have higher chances to win like OC. Just got to keep on trying while the program exist and see if we have some luck on our side :)

Oh I know this very well trust me ;) Just curious though.

Four times and in the fifth time i win but high number , in total this is the seventh attempt
I understand that you tried 7 times total and on the 5th attempt you won but your case number was too high so you ended up not getting the visa?

I started entering in 2011. This year is the 6th attempt, I am playing with hubby. (France)

Pierre, I understand you are from a francophone country as well?

I understand that you tried 7 times total and on the 5th attempt you won but your case number was too high so you ended up not getting the visa?

I started entering in 2011. This year is the 6th attempt, I am playing with hubby. (France)

Pierre, I understand you are from a francophone country as well?

Hi Puda,

I'm from Panama and I'm participating under the SA region. I speak Spanish and English :). You are participating under the EU region right?

The OC region has higher chances compared to other regions but I'm sure there is also people from OC that has tried several times without been successful. I guess it all comes down to luck. Probably @Britsimon can add more info into this :)

OC region is more favorite in comparison to region EU ???
The OC region has higher chances compared to other regions but I'm sure there is also people from OC that has tried several times without been successful. I guess it all comes down to luck. Probably @Britsimon can add more info into this :)

Pierre is correct. OCers have the best chance of selection (due to lower number of entries per head). The worst chances of selection are certain countries that are "limited" in the draw process because of extremely high number of entries. For example, Ghana is a country of 26 million people and each year about 1. 5+ million entries (which is obviously fraudulent nonsense and driven by agents). Australia on the other hand is about 23 million population and gets less than 20,000 entries annually.

Hi Puda,

I'm from Panama and I'm participating under the SA region. I speak Spanish and English :). You are participating under the EU region right?

Oh, my bad! Your first name sounded very French ;) I am participating for France indeed but been living in Canada for a while now.

Pierre is correct. OCers have the best chance of selection (due to lower number of entries per head). The worst chances of selection are certain countries that are "limited" in the draw process because of extremely high number of entries. For example, Ghana is a country of 26 million people and each year about 1. 5+ million entries (which is obviously fraudulent nonsense and driven by agents). Australia on the other hand is about 23 million population and gets less than 20,000 entries annually.

Britsimon, my understanding is that in AUD you have up to 5% chances to win correct? (Which is ENORMOUS btw) In France it's usually 1.5%.

I think this is my 4th attempt.... basic math from past data that I glance from gov websites, I have around 1% probability of winning...