How long u receive I-797, after approval on USCIS web

bolg

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

How long u receive original I-797, after approval on USCIS web? So I can estimate the interview time with consulate.
Thank you!!!!

Bolg

You will receive an I-797 "Notice of Action" from the USCIS (INS). People refer to this as the NOA1. You will likely get this a couple weeks after you mail the I-129f Package. The notice may say how long it usually takes to process the applications and will give you a "receipt number" by which you can obtain "case status information" direct from the "automated system".

Actually, my case was approved days before. I need to estimate the date of receiving the original approval form I-797, so I can book interview time with Consulate.

Hi took about a week for the attornies to get the original and that was sent to me in uk via fedex and that took another 3 days so in total about 2-3 weeks on average for me, My approval date was 22nd August and had my appointent at consulate on 12th Sept all was approved just waiting for passports to be returned.
issy

Does anyone in India know, how long the original notice can be sent to India?????