How long to receive the physical green card?

BritishGuy

Registered Users (C)
My wife and Daughter made their entry (with their Immigrant Visa) into the US on February 8th 2012. Does anybody have any idea how long it should take in order to receive the physical green card through the post?

I'm not sure if it helps, but all their paperwork was dealt by the Vermont Service Center.

Thanks in advance.

In some cases it can take up to 6-10mths but the average time seems to be around 5-6 weeks. Having said that I got mine after 4. I know that is rather vague and indecisive but unfortunately there is no set time and no one can give you an exact answer because there isn't one.

I got mine in about 4 weeks too. Arrived US with immigrant visa on Dec 28, 2011, and received GC by mail Jan 30th 2012. Appx 4 wks.

My wife and Daughter made their entry (with their Immigrant Visa) into the US on February 8th 2012. Does anybody have any idea how long it should take in order to receive the physical green card through the post?

I'm not sure if it helps, but all their paperwork was dealt by the Vermont Service Center.

Thanks in advance.

It may take around 30 days or even 6 months to get the green card. There seems to be no fixed time limit for getting it. So you just have to hope that they get their green cards at the earliest. Even though their applications have been processed at the same Service Center, they may not get their green cards at the same time.