How long long it's going to take to get finger print results.

That's an odd question. To get finger print results? From where? You are only gonna get your FP appointment, and the FP results will be passed from FBI to USCIS without involving you.

If you meant to ask, "how long it's going to take to get fingerprinting appointment?", then it can be as early as 1-2 weeks from your I-485 RD, although sometimes FP takes place later in the process (the FP results are only good for 15 months, so you wouldn't want them done too early and let expire). Hope this helps!

Why do some people get appointment for Code 1 or 2 whereas some people get appointment for Code 3? In my case, my appointment is for Code 3. Does it indicate in anyway that I can expect the processing to finish sooner?

Thanks Buddy

I alrady gave finger prints once for my 485 and it also expired. When I talk rep through infopass. She mentioned my name check is cleared and FP expired.

My question to get Fp notice how long it going to take?
And how soon the results will back to Immigration( I know I don't need to involve here)?

Thanks for your help.

civ2ru said:
That's an odd question. To get finger print results? From where? You are only gonna get your FP appointment, and the FP results will be passed from FBI to USCIS without involving you.

If you meant to ask, "how long it's going to take to get fingerprinting appointment?", then it can be as early as 1-2 weeks from your I-485 RD, although sometimes FP takes place later in the process (the FP results are only good for 15 months, so you wouldn't want them done too early and let expire). Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, I don't think that anybody here can give you a definitive answer as far as when your new FP appointment is going to arrive. If your PD is current and your RD is close to USCIS official processing times, I would say soon. And the results are usually sent from FBI to USCIS within 1-2 days (which is why most people see LUDs on their cases a day or two after FP). Also, it should be a great relief to you to know that your name check has cleared. Good luck!

Thanks Buddy

civ2ru said:
Unfortunately, I don't think that anybody here can give you a definitive answer as far as when your new FP appointment is going to arrive. If your PD is current and your RD is close to USCIS official processing times, I would say soon. And the results are usually sent from FBI to USCIS within 1-2 days (which is why most people see LUDs on their cases a day or two after FP). Also, it should be a great relief to you to know that your name check has cleared. Good luck!

A question for U

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:
I alrady gave finger prints once for my 485 and it also expired. When I talk rep through infopass. She mentioned my name check is cleared and FP expired.

My question to get Fp notice how long it going to take?
And how soon the results will back to Immigration( I know I don't need to involve here)?

Thanks for your help.

When your FP expired and PD was current did you automatically get ur second FP notice or did you have to go through INFOPASS?
Also, how long did you have to wait for the second FP notice?

My PD is becoming current next month (after 5+ years of endless waiting) and my FP was done in July 2005. So, I am very anxious to know the next step. Please share your experience.

Thanks.

i have a question for you guys.,i had my interview on 10/12 2006 my PD is current ,NC is clear but my FP was expired,the officer (Cherry Hill office now MOUNT Laureal )told me that he is gonna request my FP notice ,because he cant give it to me on the spot now .After waiting waiting i made infopass and they told me nobody request FP and they gonna do it now (3rd of November ) still nothing....now is 15 th of dec /2006 .went to the ASC in Philadelphia (my local office for the FP)they do not scedule for FP ....From whom you get a FP notice ...? is not a local office ,they told me twice that they just submit a request ...where ???? nobody knows .From Vermont ? but my case is in Cherry Hill(local office ????) I dont know what to do ,just getting crazy every day of cheking a mailbox...!!!in the past the stupid ins system transfer my case in philadelphia by mistake and i waited 2 years to send it back from Philli to Cherry Hill office the distanse is 15 miles !!!!!for 2 years !

any advise ? by the way my case is Employment based ,Worldwide.thanks for your replies !I m tired of the F.............. ing ,stupid ,slave INS system !

pann46 said:
i have a question for you guys.,i had my interview on 10/12 2006 my PD is current ,NC is clear but my FP was expired,the officer (Cherry Hill office now MOUNT Laureal )told me that he is gonna request my FP notice ,because he cant give it to me on the spot now .After waiting waiting i made infopass and they told me nobody request FP and they gonna do it now (3rd of November ) still nothing....now is 15 th of dec /2006 .went to the ASC in Philadelphia (my local office for the FP)they do not scedule for FP ....From whom you get a FP notice ...? is not a local office ,they told me twice that they just submit a request ...where ???? nobody knows .From Vermont ? but my case is in Cherry Hill(local office ????) I dont know what to do ,just getting crazy every day of cheking a mailbox...!!!in the past the stupid ins system transfer my case in philadelphia by mistake and i waited 2 years to send it back from Philli to Cherry Hill office the distanse is 15 miles !!!!!for 2 years !

when u applied to i485? when ur namecheck got cleared? thanks. why u got an interview?

i dont know why ... my case was in Vermont then they transffered it ....why i have no idea .On Infopass i asked if my NC is cleared and they told me yes ,applyied for green card oct .2004

pann46 said:
i dont know why ... my case was in Vermont then they transffered it ....why i have no idea .On Infopass i asked if my NC is cleared and they told me yes ,applyied for green card oct .2004

when do u think ur namecheck got cleared? or before which date? do u think all this wait was bcs of namecheck or because of the transfer?

Any updates from your end?

pann46 said:

Hi,

I am in a similar situation like yours and I have tried everything (infopass,called USCIS etc) but no FP notification yet.
My PD is current and name check cleared only need to get my FP done.
Any idea how to proceed further?

Thanks.

harakad,
I was in same stuation.
I got infopass after my PD. became current.
Officer sent me a FP notice (2 weeks)
So, just wait for Pd. then get infopass.
Then you ok.

6th-year said:
harakad,
I was in same stuation.
I got infopass after my PD. became current.
Officer sent me a FP notice (2 weeks)
So, just wait for Pd. then get infopass.
Then you ok.

Thanks for your reply.

My PD is current and I took an infopass but they didnt do anything about it...

Which centre did you belong to?

I am from CSC and had my infopass done in San Jose.

Newark local office (nj).(transfered from Vermond in 2004)
Immigration officer have acsess to sent you a FP.notice directly.
You may call for another infopass and tell officer to sent you FP. notice.
Make sure name check is " CLEAR".

Fp.code 3

I have a question.

Do I need FP for my EAD?

Today, I did FP code 3. The ASC APP. NOTICE SAYS FOR I-485.

So, For my I-765 (EAD). Do I need a new FP APP ?

Thanks.

kata said:
I have a question.

Do I need FP for my EAD?

Today, I did FP code 3. The ASC APP. NOTICE SAYS FOR I-485.

So, For my I-765 (EAD). Do I need a new FP APP ?

Thanks.

The FP for your 485 do not count towards your 765. if you efiled 765 then you will have a separate FP (code2) appointment. You will get an appointment letter from your service center.