How long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card?

sshah1001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I would like to know that how long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card for the parents for whom GC is filed on AOS basis.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the the date and outcome of the interview. If successful after interview it should take 6-8 weeks max.

The time frame to watch is the time since filing the I-485, not since EAD/AP approval. You can expect their GC 3-6 months after the I-485 was filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, please note that after finger printing, she directly received EAD/AP card. I have heard that for old parents, they do not have to appear for any interviews.

Hi, please note that after finger printing, she directly received EAD/AP card. I have heard that for old parents, they do not have to appear for any interviews.

In most cases, parents are REQUIRED to be interviewed unless original or certified copies of supporting documents are submitted.

It has been more than a month since she received EAD/AP card. How long shall we wait for the next step before calling their customer services number?