1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

How long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by sshah1001, Dec 27, 2012.

1. sshah1001

sshah1001 Registered Users (C)

Hi all,

I would like to know that how long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card for the parents for whom GC is filed on AOS basis.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.
  2. nkm-oct23

nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

Depends on the the date and outcome of the interview. If successful after interview it should take 6-8 weeks max.
  3. sshah1001

In my case, my mother directly got EAD/AP combo card valid for 1 year. She did not have to give any interview.
  4. Jackolantern

Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

The time frame to watch is the time since filing the I-485, not since EAD/AP approval. You can expect their GC 3-6 months after the I-485 was filed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  5. nkm-oct23

Interview is for I-485, not for EAD/AP.
  6. sshah1001

Hi, please note that after finger printing, she directly received EAD/AP card. I have heard that for old parents, they do not have to appear for any interviews.
  7. nkm-oct23

In most cases, parents are REQUIRED to be interviewed unless original or certified copies of supporting documents are submitted.
  8. sshah1001

It has been more than a month since she received EAD/AP card. How long shall we wait for the next step before calling their customer services number?