How long it takes for Citizenship award from Interview - Chicago

SJquest

Registered Users (C)
I want to know how long does it take
for oath ceremony from the interview date.
my date of interview is scheduled around
March 2002

Milwaukee

I just had my citizenship interview and "test" today. The test is a joke. Stuff like what are the colors of the US flag and other silly stuff. Ia sked the officer who conducted my interview as to how long before I get my letter for the oath and she said you should be taking your oath in the next 3-4 weeks. At that time they will take away your green card and hand you a certificate of naturalization which you can use to apply for a passport immediately. My question to people on this board is......how long does it take to get a passport and is there any way to expedite the process?

Thanks..........

nb

nbaliga7

Please post your timeline upto the Interview .....

And have you already got the Oath ceremony letter ?

Sanj

Expedite Passport

You can get your passport as soon as one day. You need to look for the Emergency Passport Agency that is local to you. I had this done from my niece. We needed to travel on emergency and we had to go though that since she was only 2 and didn\'t have a passport. If I remember right, it costs about $100.00.
You can also put a rush on it when you got to the post office. You will get it in one week. Good luck and plz post your times.

Attn Milwaukee

Can you please briefly let us know what type of questions were asked from you at the Interview other than the \' test \' ?

Thanks,
Sanj

No Title

Once you got your citizenship paper, you need to go to U.S. Post office and fill up a form. There are several types of application for passport. I cannot remember the exact fee. You can get passport within 5 business days if you pay extra fee. I had to do it for my nephew last year.

Milwaukee

PD July 3, 2001
Fingerprint date August 20, 2001
Interview and test date Feb 20 2002
Oath.........I have not gotten a date yet.........

Questions are all from the 100 sample questions which you can get from this web site.

Good luck all......

Milwaukee

Other than the tset, there were no "quiestions" as such.just general chit chat like what do you do for a living, when did you go abroad last how long was your drive etc......