1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

How long does it take you guys to get the physical renewed green card after filing I-751?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by may2009tx, Sep 11, 2011.

1. may2009tx

may2009tx Registered Users (C)

My conditional green card will expire on sept 15 2011.
    I filed I-751: 2011-6-16
    Biometry: 2011-7-16

I am still waiting for the renewed green card. Does anyone know how long it will take?
    Well, I got a receipt letter, which automatically extended my green card for one more year, so it is not urgent. But I am moving in the near future, so I do not want to check my mailbox every other day. It is boring.
  2. BigJoe5

BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

It depends on the individual case. Is there an RFE? Is an interview needed? IF an interview is needed, what is the caseload at the office like?

Moving? Not moving-out and getting divorced or separated? That would be a whole other matter.
  3. may2009tx

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are moving to a bigger house since our first daughter is coming out soon, and we want to move in a better school zone.

An interview is very unlikely. Two years ago, my interview for a conditional green card only lasted 3 minutes. My spouse is an MD doctor.
  4. may2009tx

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are moving to a bigger house since our first daughter is coming out soon, and we want to move in a better school zone.

An interview is very unlikely. Two years ago, my interview for a conditional green card only lasted 3 minutes. My spouse is an MD doctor.
  5. Jackolantern

Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

The I-751 timeline is very varied and unpredictable. Expect anywhere from 2 months to 15 months for approval.