How long does it take to get the U-VISA from Chicago Indian consulate

gopalmn1965

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
From past experiences of people let me know how long does it take to process the OCI application and get an U-visa in your passport. Hope to hear your responses.

current time line

Hi,
From past experiences of people let me know how long does it take to process the OCI application and get an U-visa in your passport. Hope to hear your responses.

PartA:02-09-2007
Mailed:02-10-2007
Recieved at Chicago:02-12-2007
Acknowledged: 04-16-2007
Registration Status: Granted 04/26/2007
Photo Scanned: 04/26/2007
Documents Printed: 04/27/2007
Documents Despatched from Delhi: 04/27/2007
Documents Recieved at Chicago: ----
(Same dates for my son's too)

Getting US Citizenship is faster than getting OCI from Chicago Indian Consulate!

We applied for OCI in mid Nov 2006, application granted in mid Feb 2007, OCI documents despatched from Delhi and received at Chicago 2nd week of Feb 2007. They kept our US passports and OCI documents in the Consulate for three months! They never responded to our numerous emails and voicemails (they never pick up the phone!). There was absolutely no communication regarding this delay. There was no objections regarding mailing fee, photos, thumb impressions etc. We already had our Indian passports got cancelled, when we mailed our OCI application. So, that was not a reason for the hold up. This is not the kind of service you expect from our Consular offices! We even thought our US passports were misplaced or missing. They created unnecessary tension and stress for us. But they just don't care!!!

But anyways, when we got back home after work the other day, a DHL Courier packet was lying down on the floor at the front door of our house. After 6 months since the mailing of the application and such a long wait, thank goodness, it was our passports with U-Visa sticker and OCI documents! DHL didn't care to get a signature on delivery, which they were supposed to. Is this how Indian Consulate make sure that these very important documents reach the correct recipients? Or why do they even care??!!

We hope and pray that we won't have to contact Chicago Indian consulate any more! I had such a nice experience with Chicago! :rolleyes:

From filing of the application to Oath for US Citizenship, it took only three and a half months for us! For OCI six long months!!! That is too long and too much!!!!! :mad:

Hope anybody else won't have to go through what we had to!

Hi,

In Same Boat

We applied for OCI in mid Nov 2006, application granted in mid Feb 2007, OCI documents despatched from Delhi and received at Chicago 2nd week of Feb 2007. They kept our US passports and OCI documents in the Consulate for three months! They never responded to our numerous emails and voicemails (they never pick up the phone!). There was absolutely no communication regarding this delay. There was no objections regarding mailing fee, photos, thumb impressions etc. We already had our Indian passports got cancelled, when we mailed our OCI application. So, that was not a reason for the hold up. This is not the kind of service you expect from our Consular offices! We even thought our US passports were misplaced or missing. They created unnecessary tension and stress for us. But they just don't care!!!

But anyways, when we got back home after work the other day, a DHL Courier packet was lying down on the floor at the front door of our house. After 6 months since the mailing of the application and such a long wait, thank goodness, it was our passports with U-Visa sticker and OCI documents! DHL didn't care to get a signature on delivery, which they were supposed to. Is this how Indian Consulate make sure that these very important documents reach the correct recipients? Or why do they even care??!!

We hope and pray that we won't have to contact Chicago Indian consulate any more! I had such a nice experience with Chicago! :rolleyes:

From filing of the application to Oath for US Citizenship, it took only three and a half months for us! For OCI six long months!!! That is too long and too much!!!!! :mad:

Hope anybody else won't have to go through what we had to!

I am also in similar situation. I sent my passport for U-Visa on Apr.12 and so far I have not received my passport. I am not sure who to contact and what to do...