how long does it take to get an O visa?

pepper

Hi guys,

I would like to know the average lenght of an O visa request, from the day you submit the request to obtaining the visa. Any ideas? Is there a premium process fee, and how fast is it and how much?

Thanks for any info,

Pepper :eek:

It depends on how quickly your employer prepares the petition for you. The O-1 petition includes bunch of documents that provide evidence for the criteria that you need to satisfy in order to qualify for the O-1. You can do a Google search to find out the criteria for the O-1. I just got my O-1 approved last week. We started on November 17 and the whole process was finalized in exactly 2 months. The petition was submitted to the California Service Center on January 8 and we requested premium processing. It costs $1000 and USCIS makes a decision within 15 days. I got my approval on January 17. I hired a lawyer to do all the paperwork. My employer just signed the papers after the lawyer prepared everything. I am a scientist and I had to gather 9 recommendation letters from experts in my field as part of the petition. You may need recommendation letters as well depending on your area of work. Good luck.

Stuck in vancouver during my premium process

My attorney, after multiple delays finally got me my whole application for my O-1 which I sent to the USCIS in premium process. I had to leave the country because of the limit of my visitor visa. Now I've been stuck in Vancouver with my wife and daughter for two days and I still don't know when my application is gonna be processed. On the top of it I can't book my interview at the US consulate without the USCIS notification. I can see we'll be staying for a while which is gonna cost a fortune.
We have a house in California. Do you know if I can drive back to the US then get back to Vancouver when my interview will be set up? I already stayed in the US for 90 days twice, once from January til April, then June until August 29th.
We came to Canada by car.

Thanks for your help

how long

I took me about 7 months.

Letters are the hard part.

I paid for the fast processing ($1200) but now I would not do it again. My employer did not reimburse that expense. So don't let yourself be talked into this.