How long does it take to get a H1 transfer receipt

vivekjm

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have info on how long does it take to get a receipt # after filing for H1 Transfer.
(Previously it used to take a week... but not sure of the latest).

Thanks !

Lin # Receipt

Hello,
My attorney mailed on April 7th for H-1B transfer thru premium process . I have not received the Lin # yet too. I was told that sometimes the approval comes first and then Lin #. I have gone thru this process earlier twice and I got the LIN # generally in 3-4 days but not this time.
When was your filed?
Nan

On April 6th

Filed on April 6th. Attorney says the receipt should come any time. I am scheduled to join for the project in two days. I am wondering if I should move the joining date if the receipt has not come.

Got Receipt Notice

Hello,
I got my receipt # on April 14th and got the approval on April 19th.
I would advise you to wait till you get the receipt to join your new project. They say it is okay once the H-1B is filed with USCIS but I would wait if it is possible.
Good Luck.

My current 3 yr H1 expires on OCT 15th. I wanted to go for stamping in Canada, once I apply and get the extension approved. I know people tend to pick to goto Canada while the current visa is valid. Would that still be possible in my case with the time crunch I have? Thank you in advance for any feedback possible. :confused:

If you are looking for a strong, genuine,reliable and a very professional company to join and to file your Green card through Perm, let me know. Generally labour and I140 gets cleared in couple of months. 180 already approved in a very short duration.

Mohit
mohitfl@hotmail.com