• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How long does it take for both Medical and Police documents to expire

4turya

Registered Users (C)
I just wanted to know for how long does the police certificate and medical examination results take to expire. And for example if i am doing my interviews in this December 2013, when is it appropriate for me to start chasing the whole process of acquiring those papers

Thanks

It's country dependent - most police certificates afaik are valid for 6 months but I've seen ranges between 3 and 12 months, so check with your local police department. Also check to see how long they take to issue them - for example some issue almost immediately, other countries can take a couple of months. So if you're expecting an appointment in December, you should be fine going ahead with getting your police certificate now.

Medicals are usually valid for 6 months, but you usually can't make the medicals appointment until you have your 2nd NL anyway.

I just wanted to know for how long does the police certificate and medical examination results take to expire. And for example if i am doing my interviews in this December 2013, when is it appropriate for me to start chasing the whole process of acquiring those papers

Thanks

Hi 4turya,
I know the police report expires in 6 months; so you can as well start the process of acquiring one. I don't know about the medicals but i know that once you've got your 2NL, you can do your medicals; even if it's 2 months apart.
I am sure someone will add to/remove from this info.

Good luck.

Thanks to you guys and i just want to say, I appreciate and May God richly bless you all.

Might be a silly question: I obtained my police record(valid for 6 months) in January '14 and brought the paper to my interview, which took place in June '14 and was successful. Assuming I arrive to the US in September, and the yellow envelope(which I suppose contains the original documents presented at the embassy), will it matter that my police record is expired ?
The validity of the police record matters only for the interview. Is that correct ?

Might be a silly question: I obtained my police record(valid for 6 months) in January '14 and brought the paper to my interview, which took place in June '14 and was successful. Assuming I arrive to the US in September, and the yellow envelope(which I suppose contains the original documents presented at the embassy), will it matter that my police record is expired ?
The validity of the police record matters only for the interview. Is that correct ?

Yes correct. Ours would have expired by the time we entered.