how long before you can check case status online?

thanh

Registered Users (C)
My NOA has a priority date of 2/11/2009. When I try to search for the status online using the application number, it comes back as being invalid.

It does mention that "It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC)." Well, my application number starts with NBC instead of the above. Any ideas? Am I just being too anxious? :)

This is the URL I am using: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

Don't count on it. I applied in Sept 2007, and took the oath in Sept 2008, my case status online...was always invalid.

Useless. Don't waste your time.- :)

My NOA has a priority date of 2/11/2009. When I try to search for the status online using the application number, it comes back as being invalid.

It does mention that "It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC)." Well, my application number starts with NBC instead of the above. Any ideas? Am I just being too anxious? :)

This is the URL I am using: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

Ah I got my receipt yesterday, it works online. You need to key in all 13 characters even the star. My number looks like NBC*0000?????. Perhaps mine works because it is a post Jan N400 that went straight from the lockbox in Phoenix to the NBC in MO.

Could someone please post the link to the page where you can check your status online. Thanks!

Don't count on it. I applied in Sept 2007, and took the oath in Sept 2008, my case status online...was always invalid.

I went through the entire process to citizenship without ever being entered into the online system. Called them up about it too and it's common. Many people just aren't entered into it...

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

I suspect that with the new changes, for the lockbox which is done but a subcontractor and all N400's being routed to the NBC that the problem of cases not visible on line should get a lot better. If the OP could post his experience after trying his MBC number that would be useful. You need to enter all 13 characters even the * so it would be NBC*000012345.

Contractors come to USCIS, to get their hands on the money. After they start getting their fat checks into their payroll and because their work is classified secret or top secret, they can do whatever they please very slowly, so they can get more money when this one runs out.

Then, the USCIS workers, notice it, can't say anything either, and politicians up in Congress don't care because all of the people involved with USCIS do not vote in elections.

I strongly believe this will all change with the Obama Presidency. We'll see. And I also believe that IF immigrants like us, get involved with all these issues, we can make things change. Who could be better than us to know what to change and make better, so that others don't have to go through it.- :)

Yes, I did try entering in "NBC*000012345" with my proper number. I noticed that in the bottom left hand corner of the NOA letter, there is a similiar "NBC*000012345" number that is off by a few digits from my Receipt number in the top left corner. I even tried using that number.

I even tried to create an account on the website and associate my Receipt with the account and it was invalid as well.

If it's not anything to worry about, I won't. I didn't know it was that common. I still haven't received my FP notice...maybe today.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my application status shows up online on the status search (and so does my wife's). I created an account, and apparently the system will email you with updates.

I entered my receipt number "NBC*0000nnnnn" and was able to see the status. I could create a Portfolio of my cases (my N400 and my wife's) and could see the last update date as 2/19/2009.

I am hoping that this sudden customer service oriented feature of the USCIS website keeps working efficiently and does not fall by the wayside.

My notice was dated 02/11/2009. I mailed it in on 02/10/2009. It's nice being a city away. :)

I called the 1.800.375.5283 number and tried to check it on the phone system and it doesn't work either.

I still haven't received my FP notice. :(