How long after interview approval to oath letter?

trrajesh

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I just attended my citizenship interview today and I got a paper saying I'm recommended for approval. How long does it usually take between approval and receiving Oath letter?
Thanks

Hello
I just attended my citizenship interview today and I got a paper saying I'm recommended for approval. How long does it usually take between approval and receiving Oath letter?
Thanks

Any time from one week to 120 days is normal but the most likely you will
received it between 15 and 25 days from now. So cancel all unnecessary
trips tell your family no one but yourself check out your family's mail box
from now on.

In the meantime, try your best, but don't get crazy, to minimize
the chance of any event that need you to answer Yes to any o fthose
8 questions on the oath letter (N-445)

Hi, I'm waiting for my oath letter too, but did you say there is 8 question on the Oath letter? would u know what they are? Thanks

4/02/09 Filed I-90 application/Replacement Alien Card
4/06/09 I-90 Notice Date for Biometrix
4/13/09 Filed N-400
4/17/09 USCIS receipt of N-400
4/27/09 Biometrix appointment
5/14/09 I-90 Approval Notice
6/12/09 Appointment Letter for N-400 Interview
6/15/09 Alien Card production delayed
7/14/09 Alien Card Received
7/21/09 Naturalization Interview / Pass
00/00/09....still waiting for Oath Ceremony Letter

Thank You so much!

Ugh!!! I have never been soooo impatient in my life, waiting for this Oath Ceremony Letter
seems forever and its only been 1 week!

Pleaseeee come already!

Oath letter - Times differ from office to office

Hello
Thanks

Each District has different times. I follow san Jose thread to know my district timelines. These days the entire process is usally done in 4-8weeks at the most.

Mine took almost 3 months...I was getting nervous but it came LOL

Wow that is long...no? I have been reading others and alot got their oath letter within a week or 2 here in florida....its been 10 days for me and I'm starting to worry =[ I will feel ALOT better and be finally feel comfortable when i take the Oath and i really cannot wait anymore =[

Wow that is long...no? I have been reading others and alot got their oath letter within a week or 2 here in florida....its been 10 days for me and I'm starting to worry =[ I will feel ALOT better and be finally feel comfortable when i take the Oath and i really cannot wait anymore =[

Some cases may be a little bit more complicated so that supervisiors may look up more regulation to make a decisions and soemtimes even supervisor
can not make a decision and USCIS lawyers may be consulted. All these back force may drag on. But if the case is straight forward it will be a surprise if
the oath letter does not come within 30 days for most DOs

well, sometimes it takes time to receive the oath letter. don't worry. Your oath letter will come. If you don't hear from them for 120 days, you can sue them or contact one of the congress members. or make an INFOpass appointment.

Hello
Thanks

This depends both on the circumstances of your case (namely, whether your case was recommended for approval at the interview or whether you got N-652 saying "decision cannot be made at this time") and on the jurisdiction corresponding to your place of residence.

Naturalization oaths can be administrative (administered by USCIS) or judicial (administered by a federal judge). Federal courts have the right to claim exclusive jurisdiction over all naturalization oaths in their area; if that happens then all the oaths in that area are judicial.

In general, administrative oaths are given more frequently, so if you live in an area where administrative oaths are available, you'd get an oath letter fairly quickly.

In an area where the courts claimed exclusive jurisdiction over the oaths, it very much depends on how frequently a particular court has oath ceremonies. E.g. in Chicago the oaths are given at least one a week. But in the area of central Illinois where I live the oaths are given only once every three months.

When I had my interview on March 26 in Chicago, the people from Chicago who also had their interviews then, got their oath letters right at the end of their interviews. On the other hand in my case the nearest oath in my town was in mid-May and I was told that I'd get an oath letter by mail a couple of weeks before the oath date (that is exactly what happened and I had my oath on May 14). A couple of my colleagues from my university department, who also had interviews on March 26, got "decision cannot be made at this time" marked on their N-652 and they still have not received their oath letters. The next oath ceremony here is in mid-August and if they are lucky, they'll have their oaths then; otherwise they'll have to wait until mid-November for the next oath ceremony. The only way I was able to get any substantive info regarding oaths was through the staff of our local member of the U.S. House of Representatives.