How long after biometrics should I expect to receive my GC?

bearbo

Registered Users (C)
I have filed I-90 to replace GC for name change due to marriage.

E-filed I-90: 09/11/2008
NOA Receipt letter: 09/18/2008
Biometric Apt. letter: 09/25/2008
Biometrics done: 10/01/2008

Waiting now...

I am under the impression that USCIS will send you a NOA Approval notice just days after the biometrics, but I still yet to receive that. USCIS's website shows that "Current Status: Case received and pending".

I also noticed that the timelines from this thread are from 2005/2006, so perhaps the wait time is different.

Could someone tell me how long after biometrics I should expect to receive the NOA Approval and GC? If I would call USCIS, would they give me more information than available online?

Thanks in advance.

The last thing that happened was that I went to get biometrics done. Haven't heard a thing after that. No letter, nothing.

I called USCIS, and they said that apparently in MSC I-90 is backed up in May 2008. But she did mention that she doesn't know how up to date is the information. Meaning it is possible that all of the sudden all the cases could be shown as processed.

But I still don't understand how come some people receive their Notice of Approval days after biometrics.

Well if you hear anything from Immigration please let us know. I took my biometrics around the same time you did and haven't heard anything yet either.

I-90 Spouse Name change(Maiden Name)

e-filed I-90 Spouse Name change (Maiden Name)
Date Filed: Jul 7th, 08
Biometric: Aug 1st week

I-90 processing time for CSC as of today is May 15, 2008
Still waiting ..

e-filed I-90 Spouse Name change (Maiden Name)
Date Filed: Jul 7th, 08
Biometric: Aug 1st week

I-90 processing time for CSC as of today is May 15, 2008
Still waiting ..

I think your I-90 is probably processed at the MSC (National Benefits Center). Anyway, I just received that my card is ordered on 12/18/2008. So hopefully I'll receive it soon.

In my case my lawyer received the notice of approval before the biometrics appointment (we never received it). And I think it was a week after that my parents and sis got their cards (mine was lost on the mail) the welcome notice also came at the same time as the card itself. I don't think its ever the same for everyone. And I'm guessing the different offices taking care of the different cases makes a difference too. Ours was in the texas office and I'm in florida