How frequently one can enter USA with 10 years Visitor VISA

timothymoon

Hi, my mother-in-law is in US now (came to Omaha in June to visit her other daughter), she has 10 years Visitor VISA. She got her I-94 for 6 months stay till November. For family reasons, she should be staying with us in SFO bay area for 6 more months. We are not planing to appy for her VISA extension as it could be denied. We are planning to send her to India in October and bring her back in December end to SFO.

Please advise us if there is any wait period before she can reenter into US again. Also what are the chances of denying her entry into US at POE. Is it good to get her back to Omaha first instead of SFO and then bring here to SFO from there?

Is there a need to go to US Consulate in India to give figerprints, she has given her finger prints at POE in Chicago in June.

Thanks a lot for your advices.
Timothy

I don't know about how frequently one can visit US on a 10 Yr visa, but my parents returned to US within 40 days with no questions asked at POE.

They had first visited us in 2000 for 2 months on their 10 yr visa.
Then they again came here in July 2003, stayed here for 4 months, went back in Nov 2003 and came back in Jan 2004 with no questions asked.

extension of B2-by going to Europe?

Hi,
My mom's B2 visa is valid until Nov end. I want to extend her visa by another 3 months. She has 10 year multiple entry. I have heard that going to Canada and mexico is not an option. We were thinking of going to Europe and back. When we return(only going on a 3 day trip)..what if they stamp us as per the original I-94 until only November. How good is it take this risk. We cannot afford for her extnesion being rejected.. so we are thinking of this route. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Are you implying that one cannot go to Canada or Mexico and stay there for a few days and re-enter the US , instead of going back to India? Thank you.

-M

You should not stay in the USA for more than 6 months out of a year. If you are then you are living here!!!