How does the Service Center schedule Interviews?

Hapless!

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

Just curious if anybody here knows the inside story on what is the sequence of operations involved in the service center scheduling an interview once the N-400 is filed? Here is what I know so far...

1. File N-400
2. Service center cashes the check and sends you the receipt notice
3. Service center sends for your Fingerprints
-- after this the sequence is not that clear
4. When does the service center request all your immigration files (for eg A files etc.) wherever it is? Does it make any difference if your file is already at your local DO?
5. Looking at the other threads, it looks like the service center may not even wait for your name check to done....then is the scheduling done mostly on first come first serve basis?

Thanks!

How current is this?

6776 said:

It is unclear reading this report how current this report is. There is no reference to Name Check. So I wonder whether this was written prior to the Sept 2001 when I understand the Name Check was added to the process.

There is some good information in here. So thanks for posting it. However, we do not know if there are addition or changes to this process.

Mahesh

Thanks for posting the link. It analyzes the Naturalization process in the years '96-'97, so I am not sure how accurate this information is for the current processes....

When and how does Service Center decide to send the file to DO for Interview??

I am also interested to know more about this process, particularly regarding my heading. I was wondering if anybody knows when and how Service Centers (SC) decide to send the application to District Offices (DOs) for interview? Is it after all the checking is complete or is it after fixed number of months? Does the SC intentionally send files to some DOs earlier and to some DOs later? I am of course talking about different DOs under same SC. The reason for asking is that some DOs in the same SC are calling for interview in about 4 months and some DOs in the same SC are calling for interview in about 1 year. And I think the interview letter comes from SC. If the letter comes from SC, then how come some DOs are calling for interview so early (in 4 months or so) than the other DOs (1 year or so) under same SC? I am talking about general processing in different DOs under same SC, not few cases who are delayed for some reason or other. I guess my question could be: Does the SC send all the applications to all the DOs under same SC after certain months (say 4 months or so) whether all the checks are complete or not, and then DOs decide whether they will call the applicant for interview or not based on whether all the checks have been completed or not? If the latter is true, then the interview letter can not come from SC, it should come from the DOs. Any idea? Thanks.

Naturalization Interviews: When an applicant needs to cancel any scheduled event (i.e., initial interview, rescheduled interview, oath ceremony, etc.), the applicant (or attorney-of-record) must do so by contacting and communicating directly with their local office.

Please understand that Service Centers do not schedule interviews, reschedule interviews, or set up oath ceremonies. The local office sets up these functions. The TSC will ship out files to the local offices that are requested from the local offices.

Unfortunately, the interview notices generated by the TSC instruct applicants to contact the TSC for rescheduling. The TSC has requested permission to change the language in the notice to better facilitate the interests of the public.