How can I check if someone is american citizen?

mesh2005 said:
Is there any website that can give me more info about if someone is an american citizen or not?

Of course not. That is personal information. Why would you need to know this about someone anyway?

Why don't ask the person. No one will give that information and if they do without person's permision, you'd looking at some serious law suit. And you could be prosecuted too.

Newly

Judging from your other post, you're trying to find out whether your father is a citizen in order to obtain a GC. Even if your father is a citizen, he would need to sponsor you for a GC. You cannot apply for yourself on the basis that your father is a citizen.

bashar82 said:
Judging from your other post, you're trying to find out whether your father is a citizen in order to obtain a GC. Even if your father is a citizen, he would need to sponsor you for a GC. You cannot apply for yourself on the basis that your father is a citizen.
Maybe he has a relationship with somebody and want to make sure that he/she is a US citizen for petition purposes, just a thought!

Sony2006 said:
Maybe he has a relationship with somebody and want to make sure that he/she is a US citizen for petition purposes, just a thought!

What a tough crowd :p :p
I don't blame him/her. He/she is doing his/her homework before engaging into a relathionship. :D :D
Maybe he (it sounds like a he to me :rolleyes: ) told someone he is a USC and wants to make sure they're not gonna find out :D

Sony2006 said:

Sony2006,

Congratulation on your 100th post.

wireless1 said:
Sony2006,

Congratulation on your 100th post.
Thank you!
I posted way more than that under my old name, sony55 before i get banned under that name lol.

Anyway,i see that you got your child's passport, thank god huh!

Something doesn't sound right. One would think the poster would know the citizenship status of their own father. One would think that if there was a good relationship between father and son, the father would've have sponsored the son for immigration immediately after being naturalized. But for a son to investigate the father's status thru outside sources raises questions. It shows that there is no relationship and the because of that the father would probably not be bothered to sponsor the son. So it really makes no difference if the poster is able to determine the father's status as he himself cannot apply for a GC based on his father's status. And it's a little late for him to be adopted if that's the avenue he is trying by "developing" a relationship.

There are many web sites which access public information from citizen records (like voter registration) and US resident records. If you do a search for a person (just approximate age and name is enough - even state need not be entered for non common names) you will find out if one is a citizen or not. If one is a citizen then it will show the person's age and no age if the person is not a US citizen. It is an amazing site!

http://www.people-finders.ws/Search/People/Default.htm

What were your findings?

brb2 said:
There are many web sites which access public information from citizen records (like voter registration) and US resident records. If you do a search for a person (just approximate age and name is enough - even state need not be entered for non common names) you will find out if one is a citizen or not. If one is a citizen then it will show the person's age and no age if the person is not a US citizen. It is an amazing site!

What were your findings?

I just did a search on that website with my name....it shows my accurate age, and I'm not a US citizen.

LAmorocco said:
What a tough crowd :p :p
I don't blame him/her. He/she is doing his/her homework before engaging into a relathionship. :D :D
Maybe he (it sounds like a he to me :rolleyes: ) told someone he is a USC and wants to make sure they're not gonna find out :D

Some relationship! If he has to sneak around to find out instead of just asking outright, it is doomed from the start... :eek:

brb2 said:

What were your findings?

tried it. couldn't help it. it showed my age, though i am not a US citizen.

It shows age if it has age information. Full stop. No check on citizenship is done from what I can see -- it pulled age for a whole bunch of non-citizens I know.

Other than the federal government, few other organizations really don't bother about one's immigration status. This can be seen when banks give housing loans to illegal immigrants, states allow illegals to obtain driver's licences, and employers hire illegals. So unless the information is collected, it cannot be reported thru private background check companies.

Yesterday I checked for my info....it listed my age, cities I have lived in since I was a minor and the names of my father, uncle, and aunt as possible relatives.

I just inputed my girlfriend's name, city, DOB, and age. NO MATCH. I then checked her sister's information. NO MATCH. They're citizens, bought a house together so you'd think there would be at least one public land record on file for both of them and they've lived in the US longer than I have. Amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahmm.. Interesting.
Maybe it is not all that accurate after all. But it does give the exact age for some though.

Shribuy said:
It shows age if it has age information. Full stop. No check on citizenship is done from what I can see -- it pulled age for a whole bunch of non-citizens I know.