How can i assure my re-entry on advance parole?

wasseyk

Dera folks:
I have a pending family bassed AOS case with aproved advance parole. I am planning to go to Pakistan for couple of months and wana come back using my AP. I was enterd in US on student visa and till 2005 i attended college.but after that i couldnt afford that time and money so coudnt continue my studies. But fortunatly till now my college international student adviouser didnt notify SAVIS and I am in good standingin SAVIS system. I know technicaly i am out of status by on papers and in system i m good. My question is wot you guys suggest for me as far as my travel concern, should i travel or no. Your suggestion will be a great help for ma and I thank you in advance for your precious time and worth seeing sugestions.

Regards

Wassey k

You never know how those college international officers enter data into the SAVIS system. I believe even if they notify SAVIS now, they can back date the date to the date that you were no longer a student. With that in mind, when you leave the country and try to come back at POE, if the system does flag you that you were out of status, they will send you back on the next plane. If I were you, stay here until you get your GC.

You stopped studying for 3 years? The thing to do when you can't afford to continue studying is to leave the US. If they find out and you step outside the US, you will be banned for 10 years. You're crazy to attempt to leave before you get a green card. SEVIS is not their only source of information, and even if it is, it can probably be historically updated to reflect past violations. Your I-485 may also be denied if they find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also talked with couple of attornyes and they are saying that there is not any ahrm to travel and one thing more i also went to Info pass last week to clarify the things and IO took my I-94 card and she runned my name in the system and told me you are good to go that dont have anything against me.
Regards

So if you already did that why would you ask your original question?

You don't know what they have on file at customs. If you were out of status that long, and they find out you can be banned from the US for 3 or 10 years.

I have also talked with couple of attornyes and they are saying that there is not any ahrm to travel and one thing more i also went to Info pass last week to clarify the things and IO took my I-94 card and she runned my name in the system and told me you are good to go that dont have anything against me.
Regards

Calm down people. Most foreign students have d/s on their i-94 and as such do not accumulate unauthorized presence unless an administrative ruling is made on their status.

yes thats wot i want tto tell them and one thing more for u guys that please do a little research before u give any advice. your little adventure can creat a big problem for others, and yes there is D/S on the international students i=94 card and which dont conclude any bars or wot so ever, and i think he is good to go

Calm down people. Most foreign students have d/s on their i-94 and as such do not accumulate unauthorized presence unless an administrative ruling is made on their status.

We're aware of that. How certain are you that a ruling has not been made, and he never received the notification? It's been three years.

So why do you need a second opinion from us forum-members if USCIS has given you the all clear?

i also went to Info pass last week to clarify the things and IO took my I-94 card and she runned my name in the system and told me you are good to go that dont have anything against me.

We're aware of that. How certain are you that a ruling has not been made, and he never received the notification? It's been three years.

I am not certain of that but it is very unlikely that a ruling was made but the OP remained in good standing per SAVIS as he said he is

To All~

Immigration Officers (IO) at the POE have ultimate authority to let anyone enter the US or not. This might be irrelevant to the posting here, but I know someone who had a 10 year multiple visitor visa to enter the US; but was denied entry because he had some "dark spots" in his status almost 25 years ago when he was a student in the US.

The IOs at the airports have started making phone calls to verify the information at the time someone makes an attempt to enter the US. I am the receipient of such a phone call in the above mentioned case. If you have any kind of "baggage" from your student era, I would HIGHLY recommend to wait untill you get your GC, or make sure the student councilor at your school is going to cover your back side when the IO takes you to secondry inspection at the airport and starts making those phone calls.

I have used my advance parole to enter the US twice, and believe me they have put me through rigorous secondary inspections. But again, its your call as to how much are you ready to endure?

Good Luck

yes this is marriege bassed AOS if u see his history, and the person is well awear of is status.