• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How and where to file a complain for incorrect refusal from Visa Offer

SREYTOUCH

I am a DV2015 winner from Cambodia. My case number is 2015AS1637. I am a graduated student. I just have a job for 6 months. I went to embassy for my interview on 25th of June. I prepared all the necessary documents for interview. My sponsor is my cousin of father side. He was born in the US. He is single and earned about 48000$ in 2014. During my interview the consular officer ask me about my sponsor who filled the I-134 form for me. The officer asked me who is my sponsor, where he live, what his job and I answers all his questions correctly. After he asked me to show the photo of sponsor and I did it. Later he asked me to show my photo with the sponsor I said I don’t have cos I never toke a photo with him and he only visited Cambodia for one time only. He ask me to sit for a while and called me back. I am really surprised when he said he didn’t believe my relationship with my sponsor he worried I became a public charge and he rejected my DV visa. I argued with him that my sponsor is really my relative and I asked him to investigate my case and decided later but he said NO cos he already decided.

I would like to ask you how can I file a complain and where I can do it. I lost my job and also spent a lot for the processing.

Best Regards,

Sreytouch

You can file a complaint with the embassy but I'm not sure what good that would do. Denial is denial.

I am a DV2015 winner from Cambodia. My case number is 2015AS1637. I am a graduated student. I just have a job for 6 months. I went to embassy for my interview on 25th of June. I prepared all the necessary documents for interview. My sponsor is my cousin of father side. He was born in the US. He is single and earned about 48000$ in 2014. During my interview the consular officer ask me about my sponsor who filled the I-134 form for me. The officer asked me who is my sponsor, where he live, what his job and I answers all his questions correctly. After he asked me to show the photo of sponsor and I did it. Later he asked me to show my photo with the sponsor I said I don’t have cos I never toke a photo with him and he only visited Cambodia for one time only. He ask me to sit for a while and called me back. I am really surprised when he said he didn’t believe my relationship with my sponsor he worried I became a public charge and he rejected my DV visa. I argued with him that my sponsor is really my relative and I asked him to investigate my case and decided later but he said NO cos he already decided.

I would like to ask you how can I file a complain and where I can do it. I lost my job and also spent a lot for the processing.

Best Regards,

Sreytouch
There is no official objection process for Visa Consular Processing, the decision of the CO is final. Sorry we can't give you better news for your case.

Unfortunately as the others have said, there is no appeal for a consular DV rejection. It's understandable that you are angry at the money spent, sadly this is the downside of the process.

To others reading this, remember the instructions always emphasize not doing anything irrevocable like resigning a job or selling a house or even booking non-refundable airline ticket until you actually have your printed visa in hand.

As I am Cambodian , I also regret for you with this case and it shouldn't be ended up like that. it seems the embassy in Our Cambodia Country is very strict and tense on Public Charge and I understand that many people have complain about DV disqualification during public charge disqualification on facebook a lot .
I hope DV2016 wont be the same as DV2015 and I wish CO to consider again about your case ..
Best of luck and try again .

Unfortunately as the others have said, there is no appeal for a consular DV rejection. It's understandable that you are angry at the money spent, sadly this is the downside of the process.

To others reading this, remember the instructions always emphasize not doing anything irrevocable like resigning a job or selling a house or even booking non-refundable airline ticket until you actually have your printed visa in hand.
Exactly