• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

Hey guys how do I make my photo 600 by 600 pixels it has refused
Just use the official photo tool. You can use the search feature of this forum to find many posts about it and the link to it.
EDIT: I grabbed it for you...it's on this page:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos/photo-page.html

Just be aware that depending on your browser, it can fail. I used it successfully using Google Chrome, however I just tried to open the tool to test and it failed to open...it wants to download an .swf file instead. I double-checked that I have the latest Adobe Flash version installed. It would still not load the tool, even not by using an incognito tab.

But it works in Firefox, so what I'm saying is you need to try different browsers and have Flash installed and up to date. Good luck.

Last edited:
Just use the official photo tool. You can use the search feature of this forum to find many posts about it and the link to it.
EDIT: I grabbed it for you...it's on this page:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos/photo-page.html

Just be aware that depending on your browser, it can fail. I used it successfully using Google Chrome, however I just tried to open the tool to test and it failed to open...it wants to download an .swf file instead. I double-checked that I have the latest Adobe Flash version installed. It would still not load the tool, even not by using an incognito tab.

But it works in Firefox, so what I'm saying is you need to try different browsers and have Flash installed and up to date. Good luck.

Even with flash installed, there seems to be a setting in chrome somewhere that stops it being used automatically. I discovered this searching on google, found instructions on how to enable it always and then it (phtoo tool) worked. Can’t remember the details but if I figured it out most anyone should be able to ;)

While obviously no one would know the answer yet, in your personal opinion, do you guys think this will be the last year for the DV Lottery? President Trump specifically noted/pointed out that the gunman from the recent NYC attack was a DVlottery winner, and that itself is a clear indicator that he'll take some measures to get rid of this feature.

It'll likely take a few years and can't be done quickly, but stil...

While obviously no one would know the answer yet, in your personal opinion, do you guys think this will be the last year for the DV Lottery? President Trump specifically noted/pointed out that the gunman from the recent NYC attack was a DVlottery winner, and that itself is a clear indicator that he'll take some measures to get rid of this feature.

It'll likely take a few years and can't be done quickly, but stil...
There’s already been at least one whole thread on this, please do a search of the forums...