• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Hong Kong police report

dragoman

Registered Users (C)
I lived in Hong Kong before more than 6 months but less than 1 year. Some sources say I need a police report from Hong Kong, some says I need the police report from the countries that I lived more than 1 year not more than 6 months. I don't know which one is true?

In order to get information how to obtain police report from them I called to Hong Kong police department. Oh my god..! it is not easy.

a) I have to send them finger prints approved by the local police station where I have been living now. (This is another foreign country)

b) application form

c) Money 120 HKD per person..

d) Copy of the NL where my case number is shown .

They said, after investigation they will send the results directly to the relevant US Embassy where I will have a interview. They added this is their regulation.

I clearly mentioned that due to confidentiality and security reasons I am not going to provide them my case number and NL letter.

Today I will call KCC and tell about HK police department regulation and request them to give me a advice.

Do you have any comments or anybody has similiar cases?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked KCC. They say better I will contact the Embassy where I will have a interview.

Regards

I think that getting post report in HK is not hard. In fact, they are very effiicient. I think that the emailed the form to me, and it is their practice that they send the report directly to the consulate.

I believe that you can get fingerprints in any of the police station here.

The interesting thing is that I have met is they are going to send the result directly to the related US consular office, if the they find any record then they notify applicant and consular office both. So why they dont give the result directly to the applicant if they dont find any record?

I can easily get the police reports from the authorities of those countries where I lived and worked before. None of them is asking about case number, letter from the Embassy, fingerprints. The question : Why do I have to give them my case number, personal identifications such as fingerprints, copy of the passports, etc? Why do I have to authorize them for retention of my fingerprints?

The interesting thing is that I have met is they are going to send the result directly to the related US consular office, if the they find any record then they notify applicant and consular office both. So why they dont give the result directly to the applicant if they dont find any record?

I can easily get the police reports from the authorities of those countries where I lived and worked before. None of them is asking about case number, letter from the Embassy, fingerprints. The question : Why do I have to give them my case number, personal identifications such as fingerprints, copy of the passports, etc? Why do I have to authorize them for retention of my fingerprints?

Without those information, It's impossible for Hong Kong police to identify your criminal record and you can probably claim whoever you want to be. Just like doing adjustment of status in the US, you have to provide all those information for FBI name check and the result will be sent to USCIS directly. In your case, your police report will be mailed directly to the US Embassy shown on your notification letter with your case number as a reference in order to avoid forgery. That's fair enough!!

It is not a fair in real..

Comparing US security authorities with HK police department is not logically true, because I am going to obtain permanent resident card in USA not in Hong Kong. HK is a 3rd side that should not get involved in obtaining case number, etc.

Once again, I worked before in 4 different countries, non of the authority of these countries asked me my case number and for what reason I need the police report. If it is about the forgery, this is not my problem, they have to take measures to prevent the forgery in HK by security actions. On the other hand, If they give the result in case of no record directly to the applicant, what kind of forgery he/she needs to do? :)

Do you have any logical comment..?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a fair in real..

Comparing US security authorities with HK police department is not logically true, because I am going to obtain permanent resident card in USA not in Hong Kong. HK is a 3rd side that should not get involved in obtaining case number, etc.

Once again, I worked before in 4 different countries, non of the authority of these countries asked me my case number and for what reason I need the police report. If it is about the forgery, this is not my problem, they have to take measures to prevent the forgery in HK by security actions. On the other hand, If they give the result in case of no record directly to the applicant, what kind of forgery he/she needs to do? :)

Do you have any logical comment..?

In case of no record, you can change the personal information of applicant on the police report and sell it to someone with criminal record in Hong Kong. They mail your police report to US Embassy directly because they don't want anyone to change anything on the police report. That's exactly the security measure they are taking to avoid forgery. In addition, they have to quote your case when they mail your police report. That helps US Embassy locate your file among thosands of pending cases.

Different countries have different laws and regulations. Keep in mind that you are asking someone to do the work for you. Then, you gotta follow the instructions carefully. If you keep saying why and trying to make comparisons among those countries, that's not gonna help!!

I am not the one who made an comparison. But I remember you made it once in your previous mail.

Yes they do job for us, it is not free, 165 HKD/person. If you wont pay they will not start the process.

I dont want to write about this issue anymore, because this is going to be out of the subject. I am informing my native country government authorities about HK regulation in order to be taken a measure in the frame of the reciprocity principle that is common response in international affairs. That's it..

The problem here is I dont want to give authorization to 3RD COUNTRY (!) to keep my fingerprints in records and case number . That's all..