• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Hi all...

USA2008

Registered Users (C)
I am new to this thread and have found out that I have won with the 2008 DV Lottery.

I am qualifying with the lottery through work experience and was wondering if it would be better to get a Immigration Attorney to handle the process? Anyone else qualified through work experience here? I believe you need to get the forms back ASAP, so what is the best option here. Do it myself or use an attorney?

Thanks in advance

USA2008

I was in a similar situation as you and only had grade 11 with job experence as a/c Technician.

To be sure and double my chances I did fast track HSED from Excel High School that took me 6 months to learn and pass my Exam, all online at a fee of $300 USD. At the interview the Visa officer surprisingly asked how I did a US High School Diploma from Canada. I explained to him via web and correspondence using internet's distance learning technology. He was satisfied and simply used my High School Diploma and Transcript and returned my Job letter and said he did not need them as all he needed was a high school diploma.

I was glad I had done that HSED. I had my interview in Montreal, Canada, see my thread " Successful Interview in Montreal, Canada........."

Here is the link to that High School:-

http://excelhighschool.com/fast_track.php

Excel High School is accredited by NAPSA and also a candidate school and under revieq from CITA (www.citaschools.org/)

Although the only fully accredited online high school is www.compuhigh.com/
that charges $985.00 and it the entire High School Diploma can be done in less 1 year if you work desperately hard. You can also get credits for you past High School Studies. If you start now you will have enough time. It will also help you get better paying jobs in US once suffessfull in getting the Visa.

I am in the states now waiting for my pysical green card, i qualified under work experience, make sure u have references and proof of years of work from previous related industries.
good luck

I was in a similar situation as you and only had grade 11 with job experence as a/c Technician.

To be sure and double my chances I did fast track HSED from Excel High School that took me 6 months to learn and pass my Exam, all online at a fee of $300 USD. At the interview the Visa officer surprisingly asked how I did a US High School Diploma from Canada. I explained to him via web and correspondence using internet's distance learning technology. He was satisfied and simply used my High School Diploma and Transcript and returned my Job letter and said he did not need them as all he needed was a high school diploma.

I was glad I had done that HSED. I had my interview in Montreal, Canada, see my thread " Successful Interview in Montreal, Canada........."

Here is the link to that High School:-

http://excelhighschool.com/fast_track.php

Excel High School is accredited by NAPSA and also a candidate school and under revieq from CITA (www.citaschools.org/)

Although the only fully accredited online high school is www.compuhigh.com/
that charges $985.00 and it the entire High School Diploma can be done in less 1 year if you work desperately hard. You can also get credits for you past High School Studies. If you start now you will have enough time. It will also help you get better paying jobs in US once suffessfull in getting the Visa.

Thanks Samfjd

Thanks for the information you posted, it is the key I have been looking for:D

Just want to also find out, whether you sent the forms back to KCC in the beginning, or only after you completed your US Diploma?

Thanks

USA2008