Help

RohanPatel

Hi , I'm currently in US . I got my conditional GC through my Wife . Was on F1 and maintained my F1 status till I got my conditional GC. And left college without finishing it. I got my conditional GC in march ,2013 but something went wrong between us and that won't last long so she filled Divorce in nov 2013 and served with decision in April 2014 .
I already applied for removal of condition on GC in March 2015 as a self Petitioner . Due to some family emergency I have to go to India in month of February 2017 . So I have applied my one year extension and came back . Now I received my one year extension in April 2017 which is valid till April 2018 .
So I have few question which are as following .
1) if I don't get any decision on my ROC am I eligible to apply for my citizenship which is due in march 2018 and which has to be filled 90 days prior to due date which is dec 30th 2017?
2) now my ex wife called me yesterday and was asking me three documents stating that she got form from USCIS
She is asking me A) copy of my Green Card B) she was asking on what bases I filled Petion to remove condition? .C) what status I'm rite now ? And she required these documented proof . To fill some sort of form which she received from USCIS . I don't feel comfortable to give this information. I don't know that she is honestly requres or she want some wrong intentions behind this .

1. yes
2. You don't have to giver her any of that information. It's none of her business.

Not sure what you mean by "applied my one year extension". Extension of what? When you applied for ROC (in 2015), you should have gotten a 1-year extension letter then, and when ROC takes longer than that, you can get I-551 stamps as proof of permanent residence. But an I-551 stamp isn't something you need to "apply for" and wait 2 months to receive -- you just make an appointment to go in to the office and they give it to you right there -- so that doesn't sound like what you got. And I can't think of anything else that you could have gotten in your situation.

Last edited:
1. yes
2. You don't have to giver her any of that information. It's none of her business.

Not sure what you mean by "applied my one year extension". Extension of what? When you applied for ROC (in 2015), you should have gotten a 1-year extension letter then, and when ROC takes longer than that, you can get I-551 stamps as proof of permanent residence. But an I-551 stamp isn't something you need to "apply for" and wait 2 months to receive -- you just make an appointment to go in to the office and they give it to you right there -- so that doesn't sound like what you got. And I can't think of anything else that you could have gotten in your situation.
Thanks very much I already got my second 1 year extension.
So what should i say to her coz that girl asking me everyday ?

Few more question .
After applying for citizenship do
1) I have to give interview and face questions regarding my previous Merrage ?
2) if I marry to any non immigrant girl or if I marry to any girl from india , Am I eligible to file for her green card before getting my citizenship?
3) what are the chances that I will get citizenship?

Thanks very much I already got my second 1 year extension.
Not sure what you mean by "second 1 year extension". Usually the I-751 filing receipt is an extension letter, and you don't get more receipts or letters; you just have to go get an I-551 stamp by yourself if the extension letter is lost or expiring. I am not sure what you did to get a "second" extension letter, but I've not heard of it.

So what should i say to her coz that girl asking me everyday ?
Politely ask her to stop bothering you? or just ignore her?

Few more question .
After applying for citizenship do
1) I have to give interview and face questions regarding my previous Merrage ?
2) if I marry to any non immigrant girl or if I marry to any girl from india , Am I eligible to file for her green card before getting my citizenship?
3) what are the chances that I will get citizenship?
1. definitely
2. You can, but the spouse of a permanent resident will be in the F2A category, which has a wait for visa numbers of almost 2 years. Whereas the spouse of a citizen will be in the Immediate Relative category, which has no wait. If you petitioned in F2A category and you become a citizen, it can be upgraded to the Immediate Relative category. Also, you cannot petition a spouse in F2A married within 5 years of getting your permanent residency (which was also through marriage), unless you can show "clear and convincing evidence" that the first marriage was not entered into to evade immigration laws; you wouldn't have this issue once you become a citizen.
3. You should worry about the Removal of Conditions first. They first need to make a decision on the ROC before they adjudicate your naturalization. If the ROC is approved, the chances are good.

It's bothering me too much now she contact one of my family member and started emotional black mailing .
My question is that is it's true that she might need this information in order to file for her Husband (new) for GC ?
If yes , then does it affect my current Status or filling ( pending ROC ) ?
One more when I said no to her regarding my documents she stated that she wants all this in her email stating that I'm denying to give this information.
So I'm confused what to do ?

It's bothering me too much now she contact one of my family member and started emotional black mailing .
My question is that is it's true that she might need this information in order to file for her Husband (new) for GC ?
If yes , then does it affect my current Status or filling ( pending ROC ) ?
One more when I said no to her regarding my documents she stated that she wants all this in her email stating that I'm denying to give this information.
So I'm confused what to do ?

maybe a consultation with an immigration lawyer would be beneficial for you? Considering that your current state is a bit odd (1 year extension?, have you cleared of your RoC?)