Help to fill renunciation forms

coolbhai

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I am applying for "renunciation of Indian citizen ship/passport" via postal to
BLS International USA
4239 Geary Blvd,
San Francisco CA 94118

I got my US citizenship (naturalization) on May-23-2013.
I got my US passport issued on July-07-2013.

I filled out the under mentioned Forms for my renunciation

1.If you have your most recent Indian passport Download Renunciation Certificate Form.
Two copies of the completed form Required.
filename: DeclarationOfRenunciation_CertificateForm.pdf

FILLED OUT THE FORM and made 2 copies

2.If you do not have your most recent Indian passport.
You must provide an Affidavit of Loss and either a copy of your
Indian birth certificate or school leaving certificate or any document showing
proof of former Indian citizenship.

ITEM 2 does not apply to me or not required.

3.Download Declaration of Renunciation of Indian Form.
Two copies of the completed.
filename: Renunciation_Declaration.pdf

4.Deemed Surrender Certificate Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship of India on
Acquisition of Citizenship of another Country
Filename: form10yearswithoutIndianPassport.pdf

MY QUESTION IS DO WE NEED ALL THE ABOVE ITEMs (in my case item no. 1,2 and 4) to be sent.

Thank you in advance

Thank you vijay421201 for your reply.

Yes I will send items 1,3 & 4 (2 copies each)

Also their no space provided for the Photo on the form.
Should I just affix one picture(on the right hand top corner of the form).
or
Do I need to send a extra photo apart from the affixed photo?

Thank you

You do not need #4. Why would you need a Surrender Certificate AND a Deemed Surrender Certificate ?

Do not understand the diff. between #1 and #4? Just download the one of the relevant ones from the BLS website, make two copies but sign separately, and save yourself from trouble!

It is a "Deemed" Surrender Certificate, for those who acquired foreign citizenship 10 or more years ago or who have lost their Indian Passport. This does not apply to you, does it ?!

Just gone thro' this and sent just one as given on BLS and got it processed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi non_linear

Thank you for the reply.
What you said make sense.
But I went thru several forums and I am not sure if I can disregard this (It would only delay the process though).
So I thought it is just only one form to fill-in and send and I am sure they will trash it on go thru the paper work.

Cheers

Yes I did this past Friday, mailed 'em on Saturday.

I sent Monday. According to USPS tracker the mail was delivered today. Do you see the acknowledgement of your package somewhere? Did you attach an order form and extra $4.70 with the Passport matchup application?

I sent Monday. According to USPS tracker the mail was delivered today. Do you see the acknowledgement of your package somewhere? Did you attach an order form and extra $4.70 with the Passport matchup application?

I only see "Processing at Consulate/Embassy for OCI Matchup" on the BLS status page. Don't know if this is status after them acknowledging my US passport.

No - they did not ask for $4.70 or an order form, just a copy of the email with the US passport. You must received the same instructions.

I only see "Processing at Consulate/Embassy for OCI Matchup" on the BLS status page. Don't know if this is status after them acknowledging my US passport.

No - they did not ask for $4.70 or an order form, just a copy of the email with the US passport. You must received the same instructions.

I received the same instructions, but on their website it mentions an order form and fee for matchup. So confusing. Let us see :). All the best for you.

you already paid the $4.70 when you applied for OCI, no need to send it again. Mine is also Processing at Consulte